Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Monday, January 23, 2017

I took a 2mg sleeping pill and was soon asleep.  Not sure if I got up once or twice during the night but I felt refreshed when I woke/got up at 8:30.

I watched the Today show and then we left the apt just before noon.  First we walked to a neighborhood apartment complex where Teresa asked the porter about their health club.  I’m sure she learned it’s for the exclusive use of the renters.  We stopped at the office in Comfama and paid for another month (just Teresa and I as Laura is working).  The price was still the same – 42,100 per person (about $15).  (They wrote “before March 31, 2017 on the receipt so maybe the price will go up after that.)

In the gym they had moved some things around.  I’m sure Teresa was disappointed to learn they only have one exercise class that she’s interested in and it starts at 8am on Thursdays. According to my record book it was exactly 5 weeks ago when we were here last.  The first machine I tried was the Butterfly (chest exerciser) and the last time here I was pressing 51#.  Today I couldn’t even move it at that weight.  I went down 10# on this and all the other machines until I can get myself back in the same shape as before.

Back at the apt, after lunch, Teresa and I were both exhausted so we took a 45 minute nap.

I had Teresa call Dario and we will continue our weekly chess matches this Wednesday at 2pm.

I finished Michael Connelly’s The Black Ice (#2 in the Harry Bosch series) and then downloaded his The Last Coyote (#4 in the Harry Bosch series).

MT came over about 6pm and the ladies went to the park for something.  When they came back about 7:30 they brought me a slice of carrot cake.

MT left at 9pm and then we watched The Do-Over (5.8) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: Let’s run away together.

2 comments:

  1. recently found your blog. Enjoy it. Are you able to help visitors from the US. Interested in doing a trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always interested in meeting/helping a new/prospective expat. Just let me know what i can help you with. To start, give me your email address and i'll send you a copy of my Tips for Visitors to Medellin.

    ReplyDelete