Sunday, January 1, 2017

Saturday, December 31, 2016

It’s New Years Eve!

Teresa and I left the apt about 10am.  First we stopped at a bakery where we bought a Cake for tonight.  (I found out later it was cheesecake.  After I paid I saw a Tiramisu, but it was too late.)  We dropped the cake off at MTs apt so I guess that’s where we’ll be celebrating New Years Eve.  In Exito we bought a few things for dinner tonight.  I looked for a few things for me, like dill pickle chips, but no luck.

Chuck arrived just before 1:30 and we had a nice lunch and he talked to Teresa a bit in Spanish.  I understand his wife has some heart problems.  He left about 4pm and then Teresa and I took a nap to prepare for tonight.

We left the apt about 6pm for MT’s apartment.  Wilson arrived a little later.  I understood he closed his bar/restaurant early because most people are celebrating with family.  His throat was pretty hoarse but that didn’t stop him from talking.

We had a nice dinner of turkey breast, potatoes baked with cheese, a salad with lettuce, apple slices and almonds and the later the cheesecake.

We left about 10:30, the streets were nearly deserted, and back at the apt it was quite noisy outside with fireworks, music and laughter.  We went to bed at 12:30 and the noise continued throughout the night – mainly the fireworks.


T-shirt of the day: From basic.

No comments:

Post a Comment