Thursday, January 12, 2017

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I slept real well last night and got up at 8am.

MT came over and we all left the apt at 9:20 for MT’s 10:30 doctor’s appointment.  I thought we were going to Torre Medica but the taxi dropped us off next door at the new Cedimed building.  Once they checked in at 9:45 I walked to MBE where I picked up my January Chess Life magazine and a pension deposit receipt.  I’m going to have to call the latter and tell them to stop sending them to me.  I’ll take the money but I don’t need the paper.

I was back at the clinic by 10:25 and they were still sitting there but I found that she needed some medication information for the doctor.  Teresa told me the doctor said she’s too skinny and he’s afraid she might have cancer.  We took a taxi back to her apt, she and Teresa ran in and got all her medications, and we headed back to the clinic.  I tipped the driver a little for waiting for us.

Back at the clinic the doctor signed off on a couple procedures that cost about 500,000 pesos.  MT asked if she could borrow the money from me and she would pay me back when her SS money came in.  I said of course yes but later Teresa told me that Wilson will cover for her so I got my cash back.

I understand she’s having a procedure at 5am tomorrow morning – I think it might be a colonoscopy.  Teresa is going with her and I’m going to sleep in.  In fact I’ve made plans to meet Chuck for coffee as his wife has gone back to Cali.

We took a taxi to Santafe where the ladies did some window shopping and I stopped first at Fedco where I bought a scrub brush for the back for 17,200.  Then I went to Falabella, a multi-story department store here, where I found the Apple SE for 1,699,900.  I went to the iStore where the priced the same iPhone for 1,699,000.  Unfortunately, they didn’t have anyone there who spoke English.

I finished Michael Connelly’s The Black Echo (#1 in the Harry Bosch series) and then downloaded his The Black Ice (#2 in the Harry Bosch series).

I watched episode 5 of Battlestar Gallactica.


T-shirt of the day: Beast mode engaged.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The problem is that in America there are mainly ... wait for it ... American women. Btw, if you bring a foreign woman back to America (been there done that) she will become American in many ways. One problem is that you don't know in which ways she will change. On the other hand you can take the woman out of --- but you can't take the ---- out of the woman. Feel free to change ---- to the country of your choice.

    ReplyDelete