Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Monday, January 16, 2017

I slept pretty well last night.

Today is another overcast day looking like it could start raining at any time.

I thought we would go pick up my Cedula today but Teresa reminded me we have back to back dentist cleaning appointments from 10am to noon.

We left the apt just before 9:20 and got to El Tesoro with time to spare.

While Teresa was getting her teeth cleaned I made a trip to Citibank for some cash.  (Btw, I recently read that Citibank is no longer trying to sell their banking operations in Colombia.)

After our cleanings I paid the bill in cash.  How much?  I recall giving the girl 5 50-mil bills so that’s 250,000 pesos.  She gave me 15,000 pesos in change so that makes 235,000 pesos.  We had a 75,000 peso credit so it should have cost us 235+75 mil or 310,000 pesos so it must have cost us 155,000 each (about $55).

Afterwards Teresa did some window shopping and found a blouse in Zara.  I wanted to use my debit card but it was declined for the first time because I didn’t have my original Cedula with me, only a copy, so I paid in cash.

We had a nice lunch at J&C Delicias.

At Cinemark I bought 2 tickets to the 2:50 showing of Allied starring Brad Pitt.  It cost about 50,000 pesos because it was being shown in the Premium theatre.

We stopped in Fedco where I found another shower brush for the other bathroom but I decided to wait until after the movie to purchase it.

At 2:30 we went back to the theater where I bought a medium popcorn for me with a large soda and a package of chips for Teresa and a medium soda.  The total came to 34,900 (about $12).

There were only 3 other people in the theater for this showing.  It was nice to lie back in the reclining seats; some day we’ll take advantage of their food delivery service and have something brought to our seats.

We had to wait in line for 45 minutes to catch a taxi back to Envigado.


T-shirt of the day: Cowboy, take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment