Saturday, January 7, 2017

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Even though I took a 3mg sleeping pill last night it still seemed to take too long to fall asleep.

Teresa got up early and left at 8am for Nueva eps to get me a doctor’s appointment for a routine physical. 

When I got up at 8:30 she had already returned.  (I woke up to a very overcast day.)  She said there was almost no one there and she got me an appointment for today at 2:20.

My friend Chuck sent me a link to some interesting t-shirts that I’ll begin sharing at a later date.

About 10:30 she went to take a nap.

At 11:45 I left for Exito where I bought a few things and I was back by 12:30.

Teresa woke up at 1pm, just before I was going to do it.
I repackaged the 4-pack of hamburgers even though the plastic wrap they sell here is for $#*&.

We left the apt at 2pm and were at Nueva eps in plenty of time for my 2:20 appointment.

I paid 2,900 pesos ($1) for my consultation and we only had to wait a few minutes before it was our turn to see the doctor.  At first, Teresa and the doctor talked only in Spanish but as soon as I asked a question she switched easily to English.  Her name is Clara Estrada Asuad, she’s a Medico General (GP) and she trained for 3 years in New Jersey.  With Teresa’s help she recorded my medical history and I showed her the boxtops from the medications I’m currently taking.  She recommended I continue with the GNC Mega Men Prostate & Virility.   (I guess I won’t be taking the easier to get and cheaper to buy Centrum Silver after all.)  She took my weight (80 kilos), checked my throat, my blood pressure, my heart and my lungs and said everything seems healthy.  If I understood correctly she wrote an order for me to have my prostate rechecked every 3 months. 

Back in the lobby we waited about 30 minutes and then I paid another 2,900 pesos to see an Urologist on Thursday, January 26th in the Estadio eps.  Tomorrow we return early (7am?) for a blood draw.

When we stepped outside it was raining lightly.  We quickly caught a taxi and for 5,000 pesos were soon back at the apartment – high and dry.

Teresa went out to the pharmacy and for 500 pesos came back with a urine specimen jar for me to use tomorrow morning.

I just remembered.  I never received the SS Benefits Letter I ordered from the US Embassy 6 weeks or so ago.  Maybe because I expected it to be delivered by “normal” mail to the apt.


T-shirt of the day: Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, it was just an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment