Saturday, January 7, 2017

Friday, January 6, 2017

Teresa woke me up at 6:20, I got up and peed in my little cup, took a shower, dressed and we were out of the apt by 6:45. 

At Nueve eps the waiting room was half full when we arrived at 6:55am.  There were 2 short standing lines going down both sides of one hallway.  Teresa went to the “front desk” to register me and she left me to stand in line.  She left so fast I didn’t know which of the two I was supposed to get in.  Soon she came back for my Cedula and 2,900 pesos and she sent me to the other line. 

When I got to the “desk” where a woman sat with a computer I didn’t know what to say and all I had was my Cedula copy so I showed it to her.  She checked something in her computer and gave me a number.  Behind her was a smaller waiting room with just one chair available which I took.

Teresa came back a few minutes later and by then there was a seat available behind me.  Teresa now had 4 stickers with my name printed on them.  They were working on number 80 and I had number 8.  About 20 minutes later our number was called and we went into a room where their were 3 phlebotomy stations and a computer set up in another corner.  At the computer she took our written doctor’s appointment and she asked me what medicine I was taking.  I didn’t bring the boxtops with me today because I didn’t think I would need them again.  Obviously what the doctor entered into the system yesterday isn’t available here.  I told her what I’m taking and that seemed to satisfy her.  We went back out to the waiting room for another 30 minutes.  This time when they shouted out our number from the room we went back in, a phlebotomist took our stickers, put one on my urine specimen, drew 3 tubes of blood and put stickers on them.  She put a tiny Band-Aid on my puncture location and put a cotton ball on top of that and we left.

We were back at the apt by 8:30.  Teresa made me calentao (beans mixed with rice) and scrambled eggs and coffee and we went back to bed at 9:30.  I woke up on my own at noon.

I received an email from MBE that my magnetic travel chess set arrived in Miami and is awaiting an invoice.  I received two other emails that I have documents waiting to be picked up in Medellin.
I received an email from Trip Advisor that my Flip Flop Sandwich Shop review had been published.

I watched the Today show rerun from 1-3pm.

Later, on my way to and from the internet café in downtown Envigado, I observed men moving (possibly removing) a concrete post with lots of (electric) wires attached to it.  It was being held at about a 60 degree angle by a backhoe.

At the internet café I logged into my email account and printed the Amazon purchase confirmation.  On my way back I bought a churro for me and 2 pan de quesos for the ladies.

Back at the apt I took a photo of my purchase receipt and attached it to my package on the MBE website.  I soon received a receipt confirmation from MBE so it should soon be on its way here.

Among today’s US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Teresa started putting the Christmas decorations away.

I completed 30 minutes of tactics on Chess Magnet School.

MT came over about 6:30 and left at 9pm

I watched episode 4 of Battlestar Gallactica.

The next couple dozen t-shirts are ones I saw at the gym.


T-shirt of the day: Another day at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment