Friday, January 13, 2017

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Teresa got up just before 5am and I went back to sleep.

She came back at 9am and reported that her mother had an ultrasound of her stomach area and so far everything looks good.  She has more tests coming, however.

I made a quick trip to Exito and returned before the Today show started.

I asked Chuck if he wanted to invite Alan to join us.  He said only if I want too.

Chuck is a little suspicious of Alan because he said he was in the army but he also said he was in for only a couple days and he was in an auto accident.  (The first week, you’re in one location taking tests, getting your uniform, learning to march, etc.  In other words, you’re not going anywhere the first couple days.)  He also said he was in Vietnam but he didn’t know the Tet Offensive was around New Years.

Chuck came over about 10:45 and we quickly caught a metro bus.  I asked for an integrated ticket but didn’t get one.  I understand they are now using the Civica card.  I’ll have to try to get one soon.
We found El Viejo y El Pancake open.  We were almost the only customers there; perhaps because they aren’t usually open on Thursdays.  He didn’t have any potatoes to make hash browns so I had an omelete, sausage and coffee while Chuck had blueberry pancakes, sausage, eggs, and coffee.  Soon David’s wife Alexi showed up with their son.  One of the things I learned is that their lease ends on February 23rd so they are looking for a new location – they mentioned Carrera 78 and Calle 46 – but that would be an inconvenient location for me.

Afterwards we took the metro to the end of the line – La Estrella – and Chuck showed me their park and a few blocks around.  We had coffee and a snack in a bakery.

Back at the apt MT asked me to check on the status of her Social Security direct deposit request.  I checked and it’s been exactly 2 months and 2 days since I sent in the request and the response I received then was that the process can take at least 2 months.  We agreed to wait until after the 1st of February and if she doesn’t receive her deposit then I’ll check further.


T-shirt of the day: Mickey Mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment