Monday, January 23, 2017

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Last night I rather quickly fell asleep and when I woke up I had the impression it was morning.  I looked at my watch and it was only 3am.  I had been awakened by someone talking loudly outside our building.  After a quick trip to the bathroom I was back in bed and soon asleep.  I woke up again at 7:45 and I told Teresa it’s almost 8am and it’s sunny outside.  I don’t think she even looked up when she said we’ll go to Santafe another day.  I finally got up at 9am.

My brother booked 3 nights at the Hotel Dann Carlton for only $210.  It was a special from COPA airlines.  But when we saw the booking confirmation it was for the Hotel Dann Carlton Belfort which, while in El Poblado, is 2 kilometers from the Hotel Dann Carlton.  At least he has quite a bit of time remaining to cancel it.  I’m going to check it out and say if it’s a place worth staying in.  Location, location, location!

We left at 11:40 for mass.  For the first time we went to the big church in Parque Envigado.  We got there about 2 minutes before the service started and it was packed - all seats were taken and the aisles were nearly full.

The service ended at 12:45 and we met Chuck and his wife Darnell outside.  They took us to a bakery they frequent where we had coffee.  I had to buy because of my mistake yesterday in not inviting Teresa to join us.  At least it only cost me 7,900 pesos (including a couple pastries).

I finished Chapter 8 The Discovered Check in My System.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Packers get demolished by the Falcons 44 – 21.

Teresa wanted to go to Santafe de Antioquia tomorrow and somewhere else next weekend but I told her we should save a little money this month to use next month when my brother comes for a visit.  She agreed!

I watched the New England Patriots defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 36-17.

Teresa wanted to finish some movie in Spanish so we didn’t get to bed until midnight.


T-shirt of the day: See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment