Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Well, going to bed early last night was a mistake for two reasons.  1) I was wide awake for something like 2 hours.  2) I heard that in the 4th quarter Clemson came back and went ahead of Alabama, then Alabama came back and went ahead of Clemson, then Clemson won it with 1 second left on the clock.  I wonder if I could find the game on Youtube so I could finally see the ending.
The morning was a little overcast but it cleared up as the morning went on.

Teresa and I and Mother Teresa left the apt at 9:15 and were at Mall Laureles by 9:35.  That was fast and it only cost me 16,000 pesos.  We paid our 60,000 pesos per person for the Santafe trip.  While the ladies were having pastries and coffee I walked across the street to Viva mall where I wanted to pick up a new calendar from Western Union.  Unfortunately there was a line of people waiting to use their service so I left empty handed.

Back at Mall Laureles I said hi to Lucas at his restaurant and then had a café con leche with the ladies.  Our van left at 10:10 with us and another family of father, mother, daughter and son-in-law and we passed by the restaurant we usually stop at at 10:35.  Because we skipped the usual restaurant stop we were at the hotel by 11:35.
I didn’t notice anyone else using the facilities and we staked out our area next to the smaller of the two pools.

I had trouble getting a wifi connection so I went inside and asked for the password.  She wrote it down for me but I couldn’t get it to work.  Back outside in the sunlight I saw that what looked like an upside down “j” was actully an “h”.  When she started writing the ink didn’t come out all the way until she was halfway through the first letter.  Still, I couldn’t get it to accept my password.  According to my Nook the signal was only “fair” anyway.

I wasn't using any sun screen so I didn't spend much time out in the sun.  Only enough to dry myself after using the pool.  At one time I saw 11 turkey buzzards flying overhead.

We had a very nice lunch about 1:30.

About 3:30 we walked into town.  It either wasn’t as hot as usual or I’m getting accustomed to the temperatures here.  The ladies stopped into a clothing store and after about 20 minutes Teresa asked if she could have a dress for 70,000 pesos (about $25).  I explained that I didn’t bring my debit card and that 70mil was about all the cash I had on me after I took into account the 20mil we would need for a taxi back to the apt.  She said ok, maybe next time.  (It’s a good thing because later I needed cash to pay for our towels and snacks and even later for something to eat in the restaurant on our way back to Medellin.)

We stopped for a little over an hour and had drinks next to the town square.

The van left at 6:50 pm.  We stopped at the restaurant which is about 30 minutes outside Medellin.  Teresa and I had an arepa with a slice of cheese on top and coffee.

When the van stopped at the toll booth I was asked what time it was.  I said 8:04pm.  I was informed that the tunnel closes every night at 8pm until 8:30pm.  When I asked why I was told something about gasoline so I don’t know for sure what was going on.
At 8:35 we were back on our way and arrived back at the mall by 8:55.  We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.


T-shirt of the day: U.S. Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment