Sunday, January 15, 2017

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Last night I took 3 1mg sleeping pills and went to bed at 11pm.  I slept through the night (yahoo) only getting up once at 7am finally waking/getting up at 8:15.  Yay!

I checked the immigration website at www.migracionColombia.gov.co and found my Cedula is ready for pickup.

So now Teresa says why don’t I go to El Poblado today with Chuck and she’ll go to Mayorca shopping with her mother.  (The problem is it’s a little late to be switching plans but I sent a quick email to Chuck.)  I finally got a reply from Chuck that he’ll meet me at the park.  Then Teresa informs me that her mother isn’t answering and she’ll go with me for lunch. 

To be continued…

A few minutes later she came to me and said she’ll wait and try to meet with her mother.

I met Chuck at the park just before noon.  We took an Envigado bus and found that the fare has gone up by 100 pesos.  We got off at Parque Pablado and across the street I found that MBE was closed.  The lettering on their door says they close at noon on Saturday – I thought it was 1pm.  We walked through the arts & crafts sales in the park and then up Calle 10.  We found Flip Flop Sandwich Shop closed.  I have no idea what’s going on.

We walked down to Parque Lleras where we had lunch at Ay Caramba.  He had a burger that he said was cooked correctly and was very juicy.  I had the chicken fajitas with a coconut lemonade juice.  He’d never heard of this juice before.

We walked through the park and then down to Avenida Poblado where we quickly caught a bus back to Envigado.  This fare was 2,100 pesos, up another 100 pesos.

Back at the apt I was alone until Teresa returned about 6pm.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,940 to the Dollar.

I made popcorn and watched the Atlanta Falcons beat the Seattle Seahawks.

In the evening I watched Houston lose to the New England Patriots 34-16.


T-shirt of the day: Sweat nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment