Thursday, January 5, 2017

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Again I had difficulty getting to sleep last night.  I took a 2mg sleeping pill and went to bed at 11:30. I got up at 12:30 and took another 1mg.

I woke up about 7am or 8am and told Teresa maybe we should get up since she wanted to go to the grocery store early.  She told me to go back to sleep.  I woke up again at 9:50 and got up. 

We left the apt at 11am (not exactly early) and at the Euro in Mayorista we picked up a cart full of groceries.  I picked up 2 packages of microwave popcorn and I found a container of Italian seasoning that my brother asked me to look for.

I had a cup of coffee while Teresa finished shopping.  She met me at the cafeteria and asked me if I’d like ribs for lunch.  I said “yes” but so she doesn’t need to cook why don’t I just buy myself a hotdog here at Dogger?  She agreed so I had lunch there and she had coffee and a fish cake.

Back at the apt it cost 8,000 pesos for the “cash” car ride.
I received an email from MBE that I had a document waiting to be picked up.
Teresa told me that her mother is coming over at 4pm and they’re going to the gym to see when they will be starting exercise classes again.

So, I left the apt and quickly caught a bus to Poblado.  I stopped at MBE and picked up my document.  It turned out to be a Christmas card from my chess playing friend in Hawaii.  According to the postmark it took 3 weeks to get here.

I took a bus up to Starbucks and ducked inside and checked out their snacks.  No blueberry muffins today.  L  But on my way out I saw a very pretty 40-something woman waiting in line so I guess the detour was worth it.  J

I quickly caught another bus back to the apt.

Teresa came back and told me they won’t be starting exercise classes again until Monday, January 16th.

I wrote up a quick review for Flip Flop Sandwich Shop and submitted it to Trip advisor.


T-shirt of the day: Happy fucking XMAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment