Saturday, October 14, 2017

Friday, October 13, 2017

Uh-oh, today is Friday the 13th.

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed.  Again, for some reason, it took me hours to fall asleep.  The last time I looked at my watch it was 3:15.  Double Yikes!  I got up a couple times during the night finally waking and getting up at 8am.  I took an Excedrin Migraine and soon was feeling my regular self again.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I saw a husky on the way and another in the park sitting on one of the concrete planters.  It was very friendly and as I petted it, it started licking the bottom of my water bottle.  At the gym I did all my lower body exercises except the Abdominal machine in 50 minutes.  Two girls were sharing that machine for quite some time so I gave up. 

Walking back to the apt I noticed a few soldiers with their weapons standing in the park.  No idea what that was about.  I saw a man sitting outside Exito reading a Gente newspaper and that gave me the idea to peak inside Exito where I found a rack of newspapers.  I grabbed one – now I just have to remember to check there every Friday morning.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Foreigner (7.5) and maybe Happy Death Day (6.5).

Locally, I would like to see Blade Runner 2049 (8.6) playing at Santafe mall at 2:30 and Vizcaya at 3pm.

I showed Teresa and Laura the trailer for Blade Runner 2049 and I think Laura wants to go with me.

Albero arrived at 1:30 and took MT back to her apartment in his car. 

Teresa convinced me to wait until she could go to the movies with me.

Albero and Wilson showed up at 6:15 and took most of MT’s personal belongings, including lots of medications, back to her apartment.

Teresa informed me that the woman renting the finca will only do so until November.  I told her I could cover Laura’s college tuition but we still need to find a renter.  Or sell it after we get it painted.

I spent most of the afternoon and evening checking out the Top 100 songs of the 50s, 60s, and 70s and compiling a list that I would like to download to my iPod someday.


Funny grammar errors: What’s the difference between a cat and a comma?  One has claws at the end of it paws; the other has a pause at the end of a clause.

2 comments:

  1. QQ: What's the difference between an alien spacecraft and a depressive dental hygienist?

    AA: Well, an alien spacecraft is a flying saucer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AA2: . . . and a depressive dental hygienist is a sighing flosser!

      Delete