Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Monday, October 23, 2017

Last night at 10pm I took ½ a melatonin tablet (1.5mg), read my book until 11pm, took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly, woke up at 3:30, heard Laura leave about 5am, woke/got up at 8am for another good night’s sleep.

I met Chuck at Bartolos Bar at 2:15.  He had coffee and I had a café con leche.  He introduced me to a gringo named Scott that was walking by.  He has an apartment (he called it a penthouse) near the border of Envigado and Poblado and has online businesses including gambling (sports booking) and travel.

After Scott left we walked across the street where we each got an ice cream cone.  I learned that the flavor I chose that included peanuts is macadamia.  We went over to the bakery where we had more coffee.

We left about 5:15 and Chuck went to a store to buy some Extra gum and I went back to the apt.  (We planned to meet tomorrow and go to Mercado del Rio for lunch and then head over to the office where I get my Isoklon refills.)

Back at the apt I told Teresa of our plans.

I sent the following message to Chuck When i got back to the apt I got out my index card with the name and address of the place where i get my Isoklon refills.  Written on the top was a telephone number, not in my handwriting.  I told Teresa of our plans to go there today.  After some translation difficulties i now understand:
1. that location doesn't do refills any longer.
2. the telephone number (in Bogota) is where we have to call to find out if there is a new place in Medellin where we can get refills.

(What upsets me is we've had that number for months so why hasn't she called already?)

After lunch today Laura is going over to Mother Teresa's apt and will call Bogota and ask if there is another location to get refills.

If you want you can still come over at 11am and we'll go to Mercado del Rio for lunch or we can just put this all off until another day like Thursday.  Hopefully by then we'll have another location to go to for refills.  
Or you can come over at 12:30 and we'll go down to Deli Hoy for lunch and we can go to the park for coffee after.

Teresa did her hour with Jose at the gym from 8-9pm.  Laura went with her.

I watched some of Monday Night Football until they returned.

At 10pm I took half a melatonin tablet, read my book for an hour, took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.


T-shirt of the day: I want to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment