Sunday, October 22, 2017

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Last night at 10pm I took 3 small pieces of melatonin, read my book until 10:35 and went to bed.  After a few minutes I was thinking “did I forget to take my sleeping pills?”  I thought so but I was soon asleep anyway.  Good sign, but I woke up at 1:45, again at 5:45, finally waking at 7am and getting up at 8am.  Still, I felt good.

After breakfast I made a trip to the post office (Envios Market) where I picked up 2 packages for Teresa and paid 21,000 pesos ($7).  It was the body crème she asked me to order from the US. 
When I got back I took the map I had printed yesterday (oops, I think I forgot to mention that) and walked down a few blocks noting which direction the one-way streets run.  Now, instead of sitting in the MetroPlus construction traffic when returning via taxi we can turn earlier and take a couple side streets back to the apt.

Wilson stopped by after lunch and picked up MT’s plastic chair and a few other things.  He says his mother is doing much better.  I told him now he needs to find her a job.  Lol.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,931 to the US Dollar.

I caught Laura taking a photo of herself so I told her, using Google Translate, “it’s called a selfie because narcissistic is too difficult to spell.”  I got hit for that comment.

I see another “for rent” sign on the building across the street – that makes 2.

I sent Maria Montes, my landlady back in Laureles, some photos of the finca.  Teresa said she’s asking 300 million pesos for the sale and 1 million for rent.

Teresa made popcorn (old kernels left over from the finca) and we watched Season 6, episodes 11 & 12 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.  We had some buffering problems with episode 12.

I took 3 small pieces of melatonin at 10pm, read my book for 45 minutes, took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.


T-shirt of the day: Today’s outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment