Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Last night at 10pm I took half a melatonin tablet, read my book for an hour, took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly but woke up twice during the night finally waking /getting up at 7:15.  Teresa had already gone.

I left the apt just before 8am.  I walked past Bancolombia and Exito at 7:58am and there were a couple people waiting to get into Exito and there was already a line outside the bank.

I had calentado and café con leche at Carbon de Leña for 8,500 pesos ($3).  I saw men connecting the poles with wires that they will need for putting up Christmas decorations.

Back at the apt I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

I met Chuck downstairs at 12:30 and we walked down to Deli Hoy.  Today was a buffet.  Laura arrived about 20 minutes later.  She and I thought today’s lunch was only so-so but Chuck really liked it.  Go figure! 

Chuck headed to Home Center, Laura went to MT’s apartment and I headed back to the apt.

I met Chuck at Bartolos at 2:45.  As usual we had coffee, I told him some jokes from my file and we solved all the world’s problems.  (Well, at least we tried.)  At one point we noticed a gringo and 2 gringas in the park looking at something (a map?) and discussing it.  Thinking they might be lost I walked over to ask them if they were lost and could I help them.  They were from a Spanish class and believe it or not they said they were on a scavenger hunt.  (Their instructions and what they were looking for were in Spanish.)  The guy was from Chicago, the actual city, not the suburbs like me.  I pointed out where they could find a few things and then I rejoined Chuck.

Later we saw John, the Englishman, and we chatted with him awhile.  He gave me his email address so I could send him photos of the finca.

Chuck and I said goodbye thinking we would probably get together on Thursday to go pick up my Isoklon refills once I know where to go.

The last few days two guys have been painting the fence outside the apartment building.

Today was a very cool day – the high only reached 73 degrees – and I loved it.

Laura had called Bogota using MT’s house phone and then told me I have to get a doctor’s prescription for the Isoklon and send it along with photos of the boxes (and probably the receipts) to someone in order to get refills.  To save the cost of a doctor’s appointment we might be able to get a prescription from a doctor at Nueva eps.

I packaged photos of the finca and sent them to John.

City workers are putting up Christmas decorations in the park behind the library.

At 10pm I took half a melatonin, read my book for an hour, took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.  (What am I going to do when I finish the only paperback book I have?)


T-shirt of the day: Fuck the dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment