Thursday, October 19, 2017

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Last night at 11pm I took .3 mg of Melatonin and read 2 chapters of The River of Doubt.  I finished at 11:45, took my 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.  It only took about 20 minutes to fall asleep and I didn’t wake up until 5:30.  Now that’s what a good night’s sleep feels like.  After that I just rested and finally got up at 7am.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then headed for the gym where I completed all my lower body exercises in about 55 minutes.  On the way back to the apt, at Teresa’s request, I bought a ripe avocado from a street vendor for 5,000 pesos.

When I got back Teresa told me that her cousin Mary, whose family owns all the El Rancerito restaurants, said we could put a “finca for sale or rent” sign with photos in each of their restaurants.

I received an email from Barnes & Noble that I will be receiving another credit as part of a legal settlement with Apple.  Sweet!

I left the apt at 1:45, quickly caught a bus downtown and got off at Santefe mall.  I walked up the hill, entered the mall, walked to the back and took the elevator up to the 5th floor.  I bought a general admission ticket to Blade Runner 2049 (8.5) for 5mil (about $2).  I was 15 minutes early so I checked the billboards and I see coming soon to Santafe are Murder on the Orient Express and The Mountain Between Us (6.2).  I bought a small popcorn for 8,500 ($3) and large soda for 6,300 ($2.25).  The movie was interesting but it was 2 hours and 43 minutes long.

When I left the theater I walked to the elevator and saw that it was on sub-level 2 (parking garage).  I sat down next to a man (Man #1) sitting on a bench.  We didn’t say a word to each other.  Another man (Man #2) came over and he was chattering something in Spanish so I assumed he was talking behind my back to the other man (Man #1).  I saw the elevator was on level 4 coming up so I walked to it and got on as soon as the doors opened.  I saw Man #2 running towards the elevator as the doors were closing so I hit the open button.  He chatted up a storm while we were alone on the elevator and my usual “I don’t speak much Spanish” didn’t deter him one bit.  Lol.
I walked outside and across the street where I found a Sabaneta bus waiting for me.  I got on, paid my 2mil and it left right away.  All the seats were taken so another man and I were left standing in the back.  About a mile later a couple got off from the back seats and the 2 of us grabbed their seats.  I was wedged behind a seat and I had a difficult time getting the knees of my 6’ frame to fit behind the seat.  Traffic was good and surprisingly I was back at the apt before 6pm.

Teresa tells me she found someone interested in seeing the finca for possible purchase.  I understood she had Laura send them some photos.

I received an email from Envios Market that one of my packages has arrived.  I’ll wait until all 3 have arrived before going to pick them up – hopefully Saturday.


Funny grammar errors: Let’s eat grandma.  Let’s eat, grandma.  Commas save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment