Friday, October 13, 2017

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed.  Again, for some reason, it took me hours to fall asleep.  The last time I looked at my watch it was 1:15.  Yikes!  I got up once during the night finally waking at 7am and getting up at 8am.

My new daily morning vitamin regimen is this:
My MegaMen Prostate & Virility from GNC contains the same contents as Centrum plus other ingredients which I guess are specifically for the prostate.  The MegaMen recommended serving is 2 caplets but I’ve only been taking one each day after breakfast.  (I remember buying them a few years ago for only $9.99 but now they are a bit pricier at $23.99.)  The MegaMen and the Centrum each include 300mg of vitamin C.  So now, after breakfast, I’m going to take a MegaMen caplet, a Centrum tablet and a 500mg capsule from my Exito purchase.  That should give me a total of 1,100mg of vitamin C.  We’ll see if that seems to provide any improvement in my aches and pains and getting colds.  (I understand you can’t overdose on vitamin C, any excess simply flushes from the system.)

At 10:30 I asked Laura why she isn’t in class.  She said it’s a holiday until next Tuesday.  I asked her if she would like to go to Krispy Kreme today for a donut.  I think we’re going to do that after lunch and I’ll stop first to pick up my document at Envios Market.

According to Medellin GURU, Colombia qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia with Tuesday night’s draw against Peru.  I also heard the USA was eliminated from World Cup competition.  Instead of the usual “wait until next year” it’s “wait four more years”.

Laura took MT to get her hair done and when they returned Laura went to get her hair done.

Laura and I left the apt at 4pm, quickly were on an Envigado bus and it left the bus stop right away.  Thirty minutes later we got off at Parque Poblado.  (On the way I noticed the Dann Carlton Hotel is featuring North American food this month.  Of course that could be Mexican or Canadian but I doubt it.)

At Envios Market I was given my document – a funny greeting card from my brother.  It was postmarked September 23rd and it arrived on the 10th so it took about 2 ½ weeks to arrive.  My brother told me it only cost him 44 cents – the cost to get it to Florida.

Laura and I took a bus up to Krispy Kreme where we got an original glazed to go for Teresa and a couple donuts for each of us plus American coffee for me and milk for her.

We took our time and when we left we ran into the English speaking guy who sells peanuts.  I told him Laura was my girlfriend but I don’t think he believed me – anyway, Laura probably corrected my lie when she talked to him in Spanish.  She thinks he’s very cute but I think she deserves someone a bit more professional.

After only waiting a couple minutes we were on a Sabaneta bus.  We had to stand but a block later a mother and daughter sitting right in front of us got off and we got their seats.  We were back at the apt by 6:30.

Tonight on Thursday Night Football it’s the 4-1 Philadelphia Eagles at the 4-1 Carolina Panthers.  Should be a good game!  (I forgot to mention that the only buffering I experienced in last Monday’s game was during halftime.)  The Eagles ended up winning a close one 28-23.

I took my usual 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:45.


Funny grammar errors: You can’t run through a campground.  You can only ran, because it’s past tents.

No comments:

Post a Comment