Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Monday, October 9, 2017

It’s Columbus Day back in the States.

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:45.  I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 4am.  I woke up again at 7am but fell back asleep finally getting up at 8:30.

I skipped gym today for multiple reasons: getting up late, elbow still a little sore, fighting off a cold, etc.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

Chuck sent me an email at 10:41 inviting me to join him for lunch but I didn’t read it until 12:10.  I told him Teresa’s making lunch now so how meeting about 3pm for coffee?  He agreed.

At 12:15 it started raining but it only lasted about 15 minutes.

About an hour later it rained again for awhile.

After lunch I met Chuck at the park for coffee at 2:45pm.  We camped out for awhile at a bakery a block from the park.  We had some intermittent rain while we were there.  We moved over to Bartolos later where we each had a bowl of tortilla soup.  Chuck told me that the cheap restaurant he showed me the other day charges 3,500 for breakfast and 4,000 for lunch.

On my way back to the apt I stopped at Exito where I picked up a few things.

Teresa told me she wants us to go to El Vaquita early tomorrow morning, like 7am.

Well, tonight’s the beginning of the Mitch Trubisky era.  The Bears don’t have to win tonight but Mitch needs to make a good showing.
Early in the first quarter I ate a bag of microwave popcorn with a glass of Coke.  At the end of the first half it was Minnesota Vikings 3 and the Chicago Bears 2.  (Score sounds more like a baseball game.)  The Vikings QB could barely stand let alone run.  They brought their backup QB in to start the 2nd half.  Our new QB played well, but not perfectly, especially in the first half.  He ended up throwing an interception near the end of the game that the Vikings converted into a field goal and the Bears lost 20-17.

I took 3 (1 mg) sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed.


Funny bumper stickers: I used up all my sick days so I called in dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment