Friday, October 27, 2017

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Last night I fell asleep quickly after we went to bed at 11pm.  I woke up once at 2am and again at 5:30am.  I had no difficulties getting back to sleep after each awakening.  I catnapped until 7:30 and finally got up.

I pulled the medical folder out of my storage box and found the original prescription for my Isoklon that Dr. Uribe wrote on November 18, 2014.  Wow, I can’t believe I’ve been taking these sleeping pills for almost 3 years. 

We left the apt at 8:45 and after a 5 minute wait caught a taxi to Mayorista.  Entering the compound I saw an advertisement for Washington apples.  I helped Teresa find a few things to put in our shopping cart and then I headed across the street.  At the same small store as last time I ordered a café con leche.  The girl asked me if I wanted canela with it.  I told her I didn’t speak much Spanish, so whatever.  When I got my coffee I saw cinnamon sprinkled on top and that’s when I remembered that canela is Spanish for cinnamon.  It was a small cup for 2,500 pesos but it was hot and pretty tasty.

Back in the grocery store I walked around the store twice and couldn’t see Teresa or our cart anywhere.  Finally I walked deeper into the meat section and that’s when I saw her standing behind a pillar.

While our groceries were being loaded I could see a new building under construction – probably to replace the stores that were destroyed by fire.  At this point it looks to be about 3 stories high.
We saw a few raindrops on the windshield as we were returning to the apt but we got everything inside before it started raining seriously.

Laura took photos of my Isoklon prescription, empty boxes and receipts and sent them to someone.

I wanted to see American Assassin (6.5) playing at Santafe at 2:55 today but they must have changed their showtimes so I’m going to see The Mountain Between Us (6.2) playing at 2:30 at Mayorca.
I left the apt at 1:45, walked to the corner and soon was on a bus to Mayorca.  I took several escalators and on the 4th floor I was 2nd in line at the ticket booth.  As usual the girl didn’t speak English but I got a general seat for 15,500 (about $5.50).  I took another escalator up another level and bought my medium popcorn and large soda for about 15,000 pesos (about $5).

Entering the theater I was surprised to see that the seats were nice like El Tesoro’s fancy theater.  I was the only one there until a couple took seats behind me a few minutes later.  I put my seat in the reclining position and watched the movie, which was okay, nothing special.  Afterwards I returned by taxi and had the driver drop me off a block from Parque Envigado.

When I got back to the apt Teresa’s friend Esmeralda (sp?) was visiting and the ladies were looking at catalogs that looked like Avon catalogs.

I started watching Thursday night football and then I switched to a new episode of El Socio while Teresa and Laura were at the gym.

I took my medicine in the usual way and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Hate you 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment