Thursday, October 12, 2017

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Last night I took my 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:45.  I usually only sleep with a sheet but last night I added a blanket.  I soon fell asleep only waking at 4am and I took off the blanket.  It took me some time (couple hours?) to fall back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8am feeling great.

I watched the first 40 minutes of the Today show and then headed for the gym.  I completed all my lower body exercises in an hour.

One of my blog readers recommended I take more Vitamin C which should help alleviate and prevent my aches and pains.

I met Chuck at the park at 2:30.  First we stopped at a nearby bakery where he had a pastry and coffee and I had a café con leche.  We were bothered for the first few minutes by a couple bees until one did a kamikaze dive into my coffee.  Needless to say I got a replacement.  The girl working at the bakery wasn’t paying attention and a pigeon flew inside and perched itself on the edge of a sheet of pastries.  She quickly saw her mistake and ran inside shooing it away.  I met a friend of Chuck’s named Richard (about 50 years old) from San Francisco.  He’s been here about 5 years and is living in Envigado with his Colombian girlfriend.  Chuck told me that Colombia is cracking down on AirBnB rentals here because it’s affecting the hotel and hostel businesses.

We moved over to Bartolos and John the Englishman joined us soon after.  John mentioned that there’s a bar about 4 blocks east of the Consumo grocery store where a bunch of gringos get together every Monday and Thursday night starting about 6pm.  He left and Chuck’s wife, Darnelle, joined us.  I left about 5:30 and walked over to Todo Drogas where I bought a 100 tablet bottle of Centrum Silver 50+ for 53mil and a package of 10 Vitamin C +Zinc lozenges for 3,500 pesos.  I actually wanted a package of Vitamin C tablets but the young girl (perhaps inexperienced) said they didn’t have them.

I stopped at the Exito pharmacy where I bought a box of 30 500mg gelatin capsules of Vitamin C for 19,100 and a box of 30 500mg time release capsules of Vitamin C for 23,250.  I got a 3,488 discount on one and a Wednesday 10% discount on the total.
I was back at the apt by 6:30.

I see Blade Runner 2049 (8.6) opened in El Tesoro, Oviedo, and Vizcaya but so far it’s just playing at night.  Pretty much the same thing with It (7.8).  Hopefully next week they’ll be playing (in English with Spanish subtitles) during the day.

Today was a beautiful day, weather wise.  It was overcast most of the day which helped keep the heat down and there wasn’t any rain.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and we went to bed.

That’s the end of the Funny bumper stickers.  Before I return to the t-shirts here are a few…


Funny grammar errors: Education is important.  But cold beer is importanter.

No comments:

Post a Comment