Sunday, October 29, 2017

Friday, October 27, 2017

I slept well, despite getting up twice during the night, probably because I’m falling asleep (and back asleep) quickly.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Jigsaw (6.7) and Snowman (5.2).

Locally, I would like to see Geostorm (5.8) but it’s only playing in 3D at El Tesoro at 3:10 and 6:15.

It is still playing at a few smaller theaters but only in Spanish.  I might have missed my chance.

I did my lower body exercises at the gym in 55 minutes.  The side streets around the park were closed off because workers were putting up Christmas decorations.

I met Chuck in the park at 2pm.  He was with another gringo named Doug from Canada.  We had a number of differences of opinion – mostly about Donald Trump.  He recommended St. John’s Wort for sleeplessness but back in the apt I saw it’s mainly recommended for depression.  I gave Chuck the pieces of velcro that I had in my toolbox.  He was unable to find it at Home Center and he needs it to keep his curtains closed.

After a couple hours we moved across the street to a small bakery where I had a café con leche with pastry and Chuck had a tinto (small black coffee) and an almojabana (another type of pastry).

Doug left and then Chuck took me about 3 blocks away to an old dusty bookstore that has some books (mostly paperbacks) in English.  First I’m going to go with Laura to the library to see what they have in English.

Teresa and I watched episodes 15 &16 (season 6) of The Walking Dead.


T-shirt of the day: Dreams don’t work unless you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment