Saturday, October 7, 2017

Friday, October 6, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:30.  I fell asleep quickly but still woke up 2-3 times during the night finally waking at 7:20 and getting up at 7:45.

Well, today is my birthday.  I’m 72 but I’m telling Teresa I’m 40 something.  Lol.

I watched the first 40 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I did all but one of my lower body exercises in 50 minutes.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see Blade Runner 2049 (8.8), The Mountain between Us (5.8), and Walking Out (6.8).
Yesterday, while sitting in the park with Chuck and Don I bought a copy of It (7.9) from a peddler for 3,000 pesos ($1) so there isn’t anything I want to see that’s currently playing in the movie theaters here.

Teresa said she’s didn’t want to cook and she’s tired of chicken.  After some debate and text messages with Laura, Teresa decided she would make a salad for herself and Laura and I went to Papa Johns for pizza.  A medium pizza with 2 sodas cost 37,500 ($13).  We each ate 3 slices and got the other 2 slices to go.

Laura went back to the apt and I met Chuck at Bartolos for coffee.  After awhile Chuck showed me the place where the seniors can get an inexpensive lunch for 5,000 to 7,000 pesos ($2-3$).  Then we moved to an outdoor bakery where chuck had a Hawaiian pastry with coffee and I had another café con leche.  Chuck informed me that what I thought was a Colombia 1-0 win yesterday turned out to be a 2-1 loss.  Chuck told me Paraguay scored twice near the end of the match.  That explains why it was so quiet last night – no fireworks or firecrackers.  Chuck told me I got Don’s name wrong so back at the apt I corrected my blog from Dan to Don.

I had one of the last slices of pizza for dinner – heated in the microwave.

About 8:30 I was in the computer room and I heard Laura say “good night”.  I said loudly, “where are you going”?  She came in the room and I said “you don’t look like you’re dressed to go to the gym”.  She replied, “no, I’m going out with friends”.  I said, “okay, have fun, just be sure you’re back by 11pm”.  She said something like “shh, don’t tell my mom”. Lol.  And she left.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed.


Funny bumper stickers: I’ve got a perfect body…but it’s in the trunk and starting to smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment