Sunday, October 15, 2017

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:15 and we went to bed.  We weren’t happy to see the neighbors across the street (same level) having a party but at least there wasn’t any music, only talking.  (This is a holiday weekend.)  The music started about 5 minutes after we hit the bed but at least it wasn’t loud.  I fell asleep within 15 minutes, got up once during the night, finally waking at 7am and getting up at 8am.

I got a manicure and pedicure over an hour for 24,000 pesos ($8) at Nohelia.

I met Chuck in the park and we went for lunch at Carbon de Leña.  He had a burger, I had a caesar salad and we both had limonada de cocos.  From there we went to Bartolos where we had coffee.  Chuck mentioned there’s a place in Envigado called Checko’s where gringos meet.

While sitting there a young Colombian man came up to our table and started talking to us in English.  He introduced himself, said he loves speaking English, and that he wants to sell Chiclets but a box costs 5mil and he only has 2mil.  I gave him the extra 3mil.  We watched men installing huge tall poles around the park.  Chuck says they are only there for supporting the Christmas decorations and then they take them down again.  Hard to believe.

Chuck wanted to show me a restaurant in the Magnolia area of Envigado so we left the park.  Walking past a store I saw Minnie Mouse in the entryway so I stopped and Chuck took our picture.  
We walked a few blocks up Calle 36Sur to a nice looking restaurant on a corner.  I recalled walking past it the one time I got off an Envigado bus and was a little lost.  We stopped at an English language school and Chuck spoke briefly with Victor the owner/teacher.  Victor invited us to come back at 6pm as he was having a BBQ.  Chuck asked if there would be dancing girls and Victor said “next time” I said I would come back next time.  We walked to a church called Iglesia San Mateo.  Across the street we stopped at a bakery where he had a Gatorade and I had a Pepsi and a churro for a total of 6,000 pesos ($2).  Across the street I thought I saw a gringo – baseball cap, shorts, flip flops or fancy sandals.  Chuck called him over and they eventually realized they had met briefly one time before.  Gary Stone, originally from Toronto, was most recently in Panama but has been in Envigado for the past 4 months.  He said Panama is mostly hot, filthy, and the people aren’t nice to Gringos – they just want their money.  Gary and I exchanged business cards.

We walked back to downtown and said goodbye and I continued on to Exito where I picked up a few things we needed.

Back at the apt I showed Teresa and Laura the photo of me with Minnie Mouse.  I told her she’s my new girlfriend.

I watched a movie that Alex intends to market to a US movie distribution company.

I see that the chewable Vitamin C lozenges I bought each contain 500mg.

I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.


Funny grammar errors: This sign was made in the PAST for you in the FUTURE who is PRESENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment