Monday, October 30, 2017

Sunday, October 29, 2017

I slept well last night, only waking once at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 8:20.

I went out to La Abuela and picked up a cake for today for 14mil. 
Chuck and Darnelle are coming over at 11:30.  Chuck and I are going to watch the Bears vs Saints game – we’ve got 40,000 pesos bet on the game but he gave me 3 points.  They are going to make jumbalaya for lunch with chicken and sausage.

They arrived at 11:40 with a cake, that actually was a pastry, and started putting together the contents for lunch.  The Saints defeated my Bears 20-12 and one of our players, Zach Miller, suffered a dislocated knee in what looked like a gruesome injury.  I’m still in mourning.  An interesting note is that when Chuck arrived he took my 20mil and his 20mil and put it under our dog that’s sitting on the sofa.  He left without it.  I’m sure he’ll say later that it’s for buying his Condorito newspaper while he’s gone. 

Laura didn’t get back until 10pm; she said she was stuck in traffic for 3 hours.

I finished reading The River of Doubt by Candice Millard, a very interesting book about former president Theodore Roosevelt exploring an unknown river in Brazil.

I did my usual sleep preparations and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Oops!  I did it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment