Sunday, October 8, 2017

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly but got up several times during the night.  I think I heard Laura come back about 1:30.  I woke up at 6am, couldn’t get back to sleep and got up at 8am.

Based on an internet search Teresa did on my laptop, MT has pulmonary edema which is an abnormal buildup of fluid in the lungs which causes shortness of breath.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,935 to the US Dollar.

I received an email from Trip Advisor that they published my review of the steakhouse El Chaparral.

I watched an episode of Mayday: Air Disasters that I hadn’t seen before.

I downloaded a few more songs from iTunes.  Now I have 299 oldies on my iPod.

I did a test drive of the new DVDs in my laptop.  With It I couldn’t get to the Setup option in order to could set the audio to English and subtitles to Spanish.  I had better luck with 47 Meters Down.

At 6pm Teresa called Mu and ordered a large order of ribs.  Laura and I left the apt and caught a taxi outside Exito.  Even though I had the exact address the driver said he wasn’t familiar with Poblado so Laura just said take us to Parque Lleras.  When we were getting close I had him turn up Calle 7 and we got off almost across the street from the restaurant.  The trip cost 9mil.  Our order was waiting for us (66mil or $22) and after about a 5 minute wait we caught another taxi back to the apt for 10mil.  I let Laura in the building and then went to the corner store and bought a 1.5 liter bottle of cold Coke.

Not only did the order come with ribs and fries but it even included the nacho chips, guacamole and sauces that you get in the restaurant.  We each had 2 ribs and there were 3 ribs left over for tomorrow.  I kind of felt sorry for MT sitting there watching us devour the ribs and fries when all she had was a bowl of soup.

Teresa and I watched 47 Meters Down.  As usual as soon as the movie started I heard the usual refrain from Teresa “we’ve already seen this movie in the finca”.  (That’s pretty difficult to do since this movie just came out this year.)  The Shallows also had sharks and a woman in it so she thinks she’s already seen the movie.  MT joined us for the first 30 minutes or so until she got tired. 

Wilson came over at 9pm to give MT her shot.  He saw my setup for watching the DVD on TV using my laptop and an HDMI cable.  He also liked the surge protectors I bought at Monterrey mall a year and a half ago.

Laura left about 9:30 to meet with her girlfriends in the park.

I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:30.


Funny bumper stickers: Watch out for the idiot behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment