Friday, October 20, 2017

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Last night was the same as the previous in that I took my Melatonin at 9:45, read a couple chapters in my book, took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed.

Unfortunately it took something like an hour to fall asleep, I woke up at 1am, again at 5am, and only briefly fell back asleep between 6 and 7 when I got up.

At 8am our power went out but it came back on a minute later.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt. 

I took the metro to the stadium station where I checked out a bike.  I rode about 30 minutes to the airport and then stopped at a station by the waterpark and checked in my bike.  I walked across the street and had a juice at a Colchesas (sp?) store.  When I got back to the stand I checked out what I thought was the same bike but I noticed this one didn’t have a bell on it so it must have been exchanged.  When I got back to the stadium that’s when I realized I had left my tech bag with my Nook in it in the basket in front of the bicycle.  Drats!

Five minutes later Alex arrived in a taxi.  Even though he lives an easy walking distance away he still hasn’t figured out how to get around outside his apartment.  I even printed out a map for him but he admitted he’s not good at directions.

We had a leisurely lunch (food is actually breakfast) at El Viejo y El Pancake.  He told me about his upcoming trip to Putomayo (sp?) to see a real Shaman.  He leaves next Wednesday and will be gone for 19 days.  He bought 2 round trip tickets, the other for his interpreter.  He hopes to get temporary rights to market the film that the Shaman starred in.

After lunch we said goodbye and I took the metro back to Envigado.  I bought a kilo of strawberries on the bridge.  I walked over to Exito but didn’t find a tech bag like I had bought years ago in Laureles.  I walked up to the park and had a limonada de coco hoping to see Chuck.  After 25 minutes I walked over to the flower store and bought a bunch of fresh flowers for 6,000 pesos ($2).

In the evening Teresa and Laura went to the gym.


I finished Michael Connelly’s Echo Park: Harry Bosch series #12) on my iPad and downloaded Charles C. Mann’s 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus.

I tried to order a new Nook Glowlight Plus from Barnes & Noble but they said they were “Temporarily out of stock online”.  I did find a company selling them on eBay so I ordered one.

I watched the Kansas City Chiefs vs Oakland Raiders game until 10pm.  I took 2 small pieces of melatonin, read my book until 10:45, took my 2 sleeping pills and went to bed.

Just before going to bed I took a peak at the game and I saw literally the last “00” seconds of the game where Oakland scored a touchdown and extra point to beat Kansas City by 1 point.


Funny grammar errors: Bad grammar makes me [sic].

No comments:

Post a Comment