Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Monday, October 2, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10pm.  I quickly fell asleep, woke up at 2am and again at 5:30 when I heard Laura leave for school.  I finally woke up at 7:30 and got up at 8am.

Teresa greeted me with the news of a shooting in Las Vegas leaving 50 people dead and hundreds injured.  Of course I got all the details watching the Today show starting at 9am.

Why in the hell does anyone need to own weapons like that that can cause such destruction?  When is America going to come to their senses?

After watching the first 40 minutes of the show I left for the gym.  Not sure if I mentioned that last Friday I also had a little pain in my left shoulder so I skipped a couple more of my upper body exercises.  I did the rest in about an hour and 15 minutes.

At 12:15 I walked over to the park where I met Chuck and Alan.  We all had their lunch of the day for 13,000 pesos ($4.50).  They both have heard of a “restaurant” a few blocks from the park where lunch is only 5,000 pesos (less than $2).  I hear it’s very crowded with the retired guys there.

We said our goodbyes about 2:15 at the same time it was threatening to rain.  I left the apt at 3:15, walked back downtown and after a 5 minute wait caught a taxi to El Tesoro mall.  I was at the dentist’s office 15 minutes early.  This time I got 2 of my lower teeth done for 220,000 pesos ($75) and made my next appointment for Monday, October 16th

I had to wait 40 minutes in the rain for a taxi; at least I was under a shelter.  Driving out of the mall I noticed a small store selling Halloween costumes and decorations.  (By the way, last week when I was in Home Center with Chuck, ladies were putting up Christmas decorations.)  I was back at the apt by 6:15.

When I got back I found MT sitting on the couch watching Casa Cerrado.  Uh-oh, I’ve got competition for the television.  I found Teresa in Laura’s bedroom going through her hair.  She said it itches and I said she probably has lice.  I asked her who she’s been sleeping with.  Lol.  She thought it might be dandruff but I’m sure it would be easy to see white flakes against that black hair.  I gave her 20mil and sent her to the pharmacy for some special shampoo.  When she came back she said maybe she has an allergy.  I said “yes, maybe you’re allergic to gringos”.  Lol.  Teresa washed her hair in the utility sink and I think she found something in it.

I received an email from Envios Market that they have received a document for me.

I also received an email from the US Embassy stating that all future Social Security Services will be processed out of Costa Rica instead of Bogota.

I watched the end of Denver Broncos defeating the Washington Redskins by a field goal on TV then I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.


Funny Veterinarian signs: Handle holiday stress like a dog.  If you can’t eat or play with it then pee on it and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment