Friday, October 6, 2017

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.   It took a little while (an hour?) to fall asleep, I woke up briefly about 3pm, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:45.

Well, today is Teresa’s birthday.  I asked her how old she is and she asked me how old do I think?  I told her 30 something and she agreed.  Actually, she’s 61 or 62 or 63 – somewhere around there but if anyone asks me she’s 30 something.

We didn’t have any milk for cereal so I had to make an early morning run to the corner store.

I checked DHL tracking and my Experian credit freeze letter is in Miami.

After a cereal breakfast I made a quick trip to Exito for lemons to make hot tea to ward off my cold.


Today I wore my jeans and took my light jacket, sunglasses and umbrella.  I left the apt at 10am and walked down the hill to the metro.

I didn’t see Herman at his stand so I just kept going.

I got off at the Stadium where I checked out a bicycle.  I rode all the way to the airport but on my way back it started raining so at the next stoplight I put on my jacket.

I checked in my bicycle at the Calle 44 bicycle station and walked a few blocks north to El Chaparral restaurant for lunch.  Alexi from El Viejo y El Pancake recommended this restaurant for a good steak.  I ordered their pepper steak cooked medium well (3/4) and a limonada de coco.  The steak arrived, with a good helping of French fries, and it was huge.  It was very tasty, although a little spicier than I expected, and I was surprised I was able to eat the whole thing.  The total bill was 46,981 (about $16) including tip and tax.

It rained pretty hard during lunch but had stopped by the time I finished.  I walked over to The Town barbershop where I got a good haircut for 12,000 pesos and I tipped the barber 2,000 pesos. 

I walked over to the Floresta station where I took the metro back to the Envigado station.  It was raining when I exited the station but I still stopped and picked up a kilo of strawberries.

I stopped at Bartolos bar in the park and was soon joined by Chuck and another gringo named Don from Atlanta.  Don has been to Medellin a few times before but this was his first time to Envigado.  Unfortunately he has to return to Atlanta on Sunday.
I was back at the apt by 5:30.

My letter has arrived in Weston, Florida.

I submitted a 5-star review to Trip Advisor for the El Chaparral de la 70 restaurant.

Colombia played Paraguay tonight in 2018 World Cup qualifications and Colombia won 1-0.

Funny bumper stickers: Sorry for driving so close in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment