Monday, October 2, 2017

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and we went to bed.
I woke up once during the night and then again at 5am.  I never fell back asleep, perhaps knowing that Teresa needed to get up at any minute.  She finally got up at 5:45 and left the apt about 6:20.  (She is supposed to meet someone at 7am at or about the finca.  She should return around lunch time.)

I got up at 7:30 and took my shower before the water was supposed to be turned off at 8am.  The water was still on when I left the apt at 8:10.  I stopped at Bancolombia where I paid my health insurance and apartment rental for the month using the automated payment machine.

I walked through the park to Carbon de Leña where I had calentado (rice, beans, and scrambled eggs) and an arepa with cheese with a café con leche for 8,500 (about $3).

Walking back through the park there was an exercise class going on.  I was back at the apt by 9:30 and we still had running water.

I emailed copies of my payment receipts for my health insurance and apartment rent.

I checked again at 10:20 and the water was now off.

I ordered some body cream for Teresa and a new sleep mask for myself as the old one came apart last night.

I met Chuck and Darnelle at Bartolos at noon.  I had a café con leche followed by a limonada de coco and they each had coffee.  We were joined on occasions by other Colombians they knew.  It rained once for about 20 minutes.  I left at 1:45 and walked over to Frisby where I placed a takeout order.  Because of my limited Spanish I had some problems with the order for salads and ended up with 2 extra green salads.  I had to wait 30 minutes for my order; at least they warned me about the long wait time.

Teresa was back at the apt by the time I returned.  I was a little damp because it was misting a little and I didn’t bring an umbrella.

After lunch I watched NFL Redzone on Direct TV for the rest of the night.

I received an email from Amazon that my sleep mask has shipped.
Teresa went to 7pm mass.

Since Teresa got up so early this morning she was very tired so I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10pm.


Funny Veterinarian signs: If you don’t talk to your cat about catnip, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment