Thursday, October 5, 2017

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.  I quickly fell asleep but Teresa’s heavy breathing (snoring?) woke me at 2am.  I quickly fell back asleep but woke up at 5am and just catnapped after that until I got up at 7:45.

Right away I was going to wash my face but Teresa wanted to give me a hot cup of lemonade first.  Five minutes later I’m finished with it but now MT is in the only fully working bathroom and I’m sitting here with a towel wrapped around my shoulders to stay warm.  I finally got in about 20 minutes later so I could wash my face and shave.

I watched the first 40 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I still have some pain in my elbow so I decided to skip all the upper body exercises.  I was done in 50 minutes including 7 minutes on the treadmill at speed 5.7.

Teresa told me that about all MT can eat is soup, meat and fish.  I did see her eating some yogurt so I guess there a few other things.

I left the apt at 3pm and as I was getting on the Envigado bus I saw the young lady that’s a friend of Jose (my English speaking friend not the trainer).  I got off at Santafe mall, walked across the street and down a block to Oviedo mall.  Upstairs I got in a short line to see The Healer (6.3).  There was only one other couple in front of me for tickets but there was another couple in the preferential line.  Soon I saw the “young lady” also in the CineColombia preferential line.  I got my preferred seating ticket for 8,750 ($3) right after she bought hers.  After a trip to the restroom I was just behind her in the snack line.  I bought a small popcorn and medium soda for 14,300 ($5).  In the theater she was sitting on the other side of the aisle one row in front of me.

The movie was pretty good but not great.  I did groove on the song Gimme Some Lovin that they played in the movie and I learned that the breed of dog I’ve seen in the neighborhood that I’ve been calling a sheep dog is a border collie.  It’s a nice looking medium sized dog and I understand they are intelligent and very trainable.

I half expected to see the “young lady” waiting for a bus outside but I just missed one that she might have been on.  I had to stand for only 5 minutes on the next bus as someone sitting next to me soon got off.

I stopped at Exito to pick up some lemons and oranges but the lines were too long.

When I got back to the apt I found Teresa had a friend Esmeralda visiting.  She finally left just before 8pm.

MT went to bed soon after.

Wilson stopped by just before 10pm to give MT her shot.

I took my sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:30.


Funny bumper stickers: I believe in a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment