Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday, March 14th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, and woke/got up at 6:15.

I packed up my dirty laundry and Beatriz showed up at the corner store while I was creating a text message to send to her.  I had my usual at Los Mejores and was outside Exito just before it opened at 8:30.  There was a long line, about 3 deep, leading to the electronics area.  Strangely, I never saw anyone leaving with TVs or anything so I don’t know what was going on.  I was only there to pay my utility & communication bills.

I studied my Spanish in the hallway just outside Exito until my 10am class with Jhon.

I checked the US movie releases and the only one I might be interested in is Veronica Mars.

I checked the local theaters and there isn’t anything good I haven’t already seen, but the Carrefour theatre isn’t listed so I’ll have to check that one later.

At 1:30 I caught a Circular Sur 302 bus to Monterrey.  Traffic was heavy and after buying my ticket for 5mil, medium popcorn for 8,600 and large Pepsi for 5,100 I was 5 minutes late.  The 2:25 showing of 47 Ronin (6.6) starring Keanu Reeves, was starting just as I settled into my seat.  There were only two others in the theatre.  The movie was good with lots of action.  On the way back to Simon Bolivar I saw a young woman in a t-shirt that read “RUDE”.  Of course it was just outside the EAFIT University where you would expect to see the most interesting t-shirts.

When I got back to my building I found 2 envelopes for me just inside the front door.  One was the March receipt for my Sears pension and the other was (dated February 10th) a confirmation for a change to my USAA checking account.  It didn’t say what change but I’m pretty sure it’s referring to my new MBE address.

No comments:

Post a Comment