Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday, March 9th, 2014



Last night I had a lot of problems trying to connect to the internet.  It kept dropping my network connection and sometimes when I could connect I still wasn’t able to access the internet.

I went to bed at 9:45, got up twice during the night and finally woke/got up at 7:30.

I got an email from Bob telling me that all the buses and metros are free today because it’s election day.

I had the breakfast buffet at the hotel.  I saw Harry at LM and we chatted a little.  He told me he and his girlfriend went to Parque Lleras last night but the bars and restaurants couldn’t sell any alcohol after 6pm because of the election and there were lots of police around to enforce the law.  (It was also a cold and rainy night!)

I had lunch at Pizza Americana from just before 1 to just after 2pm.  I tried the Napolitana (sliced tomato, oregano and cheese) along with what was supposed to be Italian Sausage but the pieces looked like sliced red grapes but tasted more like pepperoni.  (Bacon is real popular here on pizza as well as mushrooms and ham.)  While I was sitting there after finishing my pizza Sergio came by with his wife.  I think her name is Lydia, or something like that.  She has a very cute bubbly personality; just keeps talking even though I only understand 1 or 2 words out of each sentence.  She supposedly speaks English but refused to use it most of the time.  The only thing I’m sure we agree on is that there are a lot of people and cars in New York but not many motorcycles or bicycles.  :)
 
At 2:30 I took a Circular 302 bus (yes, I did have to pay the 1,700 pesos) to Oviedo.  I was a little surprised there was a long line at the movie theatre; it’s been a while since I’ve seen a movie on the weekend.  I bought a Preferred Seating ticket for 16mil to The Book Thief and chose the seat at the very top of the stairs.  I bought a small popcorn (a good sized bucket) for 7mil and medium soda (good sized cup) for 4,700.  There was a coming attraction for Noah (NR), starring Russell Crowe due to be released on March 28th.  The Book Thief was a very good, though a little depressing, movie and I was very surprised my popcorn with salt – I’m pretty sure there was also butter on it!  Outside the theater I saw an advertisement for a coming Mark Wahlberg movie which is probably Lone Survivor (7.8).

Thankfully, my Wi-Fi seems to be working correctly tonight.  I take that back; I can’t connect to my network right now.  I’ll post this as soon as I get a connection again.

No comments:

Post a Comment