Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10th, 2014



Last night my network connection and access to the internet did come back but it was in and out all night.

I finished reading the Tom Clancy book Without Remorse and started his next book Red Rabbit.

I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night and woke/got up at 6:25.

Again I skipped the one exercise I feel puts too much pressure on my wrist.  There isn’t enough room in my apartment for using my jump rope so now I go downstairs to the alcove.  I’m up to 2 repetitions of 75 revolutions (jumps? - I’m not sure of the proper terminology here).

My wristwatch band is coming apart again; I think it’s probably time to start looking for a new one.

Breakfast was a croissant and coffee at Los Mejores.  On my way back I stopped at the ATM and took out a little cash and then stopped at the Tinto store for a coffee.  All morning I have been studying the verb – To Be – for my Spanish test today.

I changed my lesson times to 10am-noon M-F except for every two weeks on Tuesday (like tomorrow) when I have to switch it to 2pm-4pm because Olga is here from 9am til about 1 or 2pm.  Today I passed my “test” – now he thinks I know it but I will need to constantly remind myself of it.

Lunch was a BBQ burger and small Pepsi at BK for 6,500.

I caught a Circular 302 bus to Monterrey at 2:30 arriving at the theater in Monterrey by 3:05.  It cost 5mil for a seat to see Saving Mr. Banks which they list in Spanish as El SueƱo de Walt, literally The Dream of Walt or as we would say Walt’s Dream.  I bought a medium popcorn for 8,600 and large soda for 5,100.  The movie was very good and during the credits they play a taped recording of the real P.L. Travers, author of the Mary Poppins books, making her demands of the Disney people for the movie.

From the bus on my way back I saw an interesting t-shirt worn by a young woman that said “High heels, High hopes”.

Dinner was chili and mango juice from El Comedor de Chava.  This was the first time I got it as hot as I wanted; I kept asking them to make it hotter and finally they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment