Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday, March 20th, 2014


Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.  Was my good night’s sleep because I skipped dinner last night?

Happy First Day of Summer!

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava followed by a glass of orange juice at Redd’s.  Jhon forgot to send me yesterday’s notes so all I had to study was what was in my notebook.

We are working on the wonderful world of conjugating regular verbs.  L  We also made plans to go to Parque Aranjuez tomorrow afternoon to talk to the guy about making a chess table for me.

I stopped at my apartment and was pleasantly surprised to find I had 10 emails from A Foreign Affair (AFA).  The initial letter I sent each of the 10 ladies used up all my credit so it will cost me another $9.99 to read each letter.  Later!

I had a hotdog, chips, and large Pepsi at Dogger and was at Dario’s apartment about 10 minutes early. 

I lost the “coin toss” again and had the black pieces.  He was beating me again, with a passed pawn down the center of the board and a rook to bishop material advantage.  I created a passed pawn on the end of the board but had to wait until I maneuvered his men to the other side of the board and then pushed it and he ended up resigning.
While there a 6 year old boy (with his very cute mother) started talking to me in English.  He is learning it in school; she spoke English too and was encouraging him to practice.  She is a teacher at the University of Antioquia (a public school) and her husband is a doctor.  He reads English for the medical documents but doesn’t speak it.

I had a Colombiana (soda) and 2 churros at Paisa Pan for 1,600 pesos.

Back at the apartment I read the emails with the results summarized thusly:

4 - Not Interested

1 - Interested but now living in Santa Marta

3 – will answer my letter later (busy or computer problems)

2 - Interested

I’m glad I didn’t send any pictures – that would have cost me another $3.50 for each one.

I don’t have time to do much else tonight as I’m going over to Dario’s building for his chess tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment