Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday, March 12th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, woke up twice during the night (once due to a hard rainstorm), and woke/got up at 6:20am.

When I went downstairs to the alcove to do my jump roping (is that a word?) I was surprised to find another baby dove there.  This time I caught it in my hands, held its wings down, stepped outside and tossed it into the air.  It flapped its wings but couldn’t maintain lift and glided across the street and under a car.  Not the best place to end up.  When I got back to the alcove I looked up and saw another dove.  Not sure if it’s the mother or another baby I’ll probably be rescuing some day soon.

I had breakfast at El Comedor de Chava for 6,500.  

I stopped at Exito and bought a new umbrella for 16,500 plus 2,000 points and a notebook for my Spanish lessons with Jhon.  I also bought a month’s supply of my prostate medication for 36,225.

After my Spanish lesson I took a Circular Sur 302 bus to Monterrey and a Poblado Parque 132 bus up the hill to the FFSS where I had a burger and Coke for 13mil.  On the way back down I stopped at MBE and picked up the photos my brother sent me.  They were postmarked February 24th from Algonquin, Illinois; the Photo Document Mailer 6” x 10” arrived sealed in a magazine sized plastic bag.  So it took about 2 weeks.

Back at Viva! I stopped at BK and had a small Pepsi and a refill while I copied and studied some Spanish notes.

I found Gonzalo at the Salsamentaría Bolivar and gave him his 2 pictures.  He was very surprised and appreciative and asked me to be sure to thank my brother for sending them.  He also told me, for the umpteenth time, that my business cards would be ready “mañana”.  I won’t hold my breath!

I took a walk by the park next to Pizza Americana but didn’t see who I hoped to see there.  Back at the apartment the Une and EPM bills arrived; my utility bill was 110,299 and my communication bill was 109,111.92.

From 6 to 7pm I had a coffee and 2 churros at Paisa Pan.  I walked through the park both ways and again didn’t see the person I’m looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment