Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday, March 15th, 2014



Last night I had chili at El Comedor de Chava with strawberry juice (they were out of mango).  

I went to bed at 10pm, got to sleep rather quickly and didn’t wake up until 4am.  I got up and drank a little water (mistake?), went back to bed but shortly after felt like I had mild heartburn, took 2 Tums, followed by 2 more a little later, finally got back to sleep and woke/got up at 7:45.  That’s a pretty good night’s sleep for me.

This morning I received an email from Lucia that she sent at 9:58pm last night.  It included several pictures.  She looks very pretty in 4 out of 5 – not so much in the only black & white photo but none of them give me any idea of what her figure is like.  Without the fluff she said, “See you tomorrow tell me where and at what times”.  I wrote back “Behind the Laureles Exito in Viva Mall is Mall de Laureles.  If you can meet anytime how about noon (12pm) in their food court?  They have restaurants with fried chicken, hamburgers, bandeja paisa and much more.  Thank you for the pictures.  You look very pretty.  I'll try to send more pictures soon.”

Lucia's (only) profile picture
1st of 3 other pictures she emailed to me



 I didn’t get to LM until about 9am where I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Harry arrived about 9:30 but had to have his breakfast and read his paper before we could talk.  About 10:30 we finally got together and he told me more about selling his office in Guatemala.  I told him about my upcoming date with Lucia (sorry Harry but she’s much too old for you) at noon.  At 1pm Augusto stopped by and said he would call me next week to play chess.  Sure!  I finally gave up that Lucia would arrive and at 1:30 I left for my apartment after sending this email “I haven't heard from you so I guess we aren't having lunch together today. Maybe it would be better for me to meet you somewhere. Tell me when and where”.  I dropped off my chess set and had pizza at Pizza Americana from 2-3 but didn’t see who I was looking for in the park.

Back at the apartment I saw at 2:25 Lucia sent the following email “we love pampering us wings 5 comercila living center at the entrance looked a kiss” which didn’t make any sense to me at all so I replied asking her to repeat in English and Español as maybe Google Translate would make more sense of her Spanish than I can of her English.

At 3:55 I received the following email from her (translated from Spanish) “we can find six in the evening in the living pampering moll laurels”.  “Mimos” translated to “pampering” and that doesn’t appear to be correct in the email but I think I understand the point so I responded “Ok, good”.  Maybe we’re finally going to meet!

I laid down for a few minutes and thought I heard a sound like extension ladder going up.  A few minutes later I looked outside and didn’t see anyone but there are 4 orange cones on the driveway below me and an extension ladder leading up to where the lines (wi-fi, telephone, and television) enter the building.

I’m sitting here at the computer and a dove lands on my railing about 6 feet away from me.  It’s facing me, I looked up at it and said “hello” and it turned around and flew away.

No comments:

Post a Comment