Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday, March 27th, 2014



I went to bed at 10:15, got to sleep quickly but woke up at 4am and had difficulty getting back to sleep.  I finally woke/got up at 7am and took 2 Excedrin Migraine.

I sent an email to AFA’s home office in Texas asking for help with their virtual email ordering process as I’m not sure if I’ve properly ordered their email addresses or not.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava, studied some of my Spanish notes, and had an orange juice at Redd’s.

On my way to breakfast I noticed that outside the community center there was a stage set up and lot of colored balloons.

During Spanish class Jhon and I heard music coming from the direction of the community center; we both thought it strange that they were having a party there on a weekday and in the morning.

After Spanish class I dropped off my things at home and found I had an email from Margarita that her father might come by this afternoon with someone to complete the installation of my sink.

I picked up my Nook and chess set and headed back to Viva CC.  I had a small hotdog, chips and large Pepsi at Dogger.

At Dario’s building he informed me they aren’t allowed to play outside on the patio any longer; we have to play in their recreation room.  I guess because I had the black pieces our last two games (even though I won both) he gave me white without the traditional coin flip.  I tried to play my usual opening but he got aggressive and instead of castling to protect his king he started pushing pawns down at him.  I blocked his trailing pawn with my queen, he grabbed one of my pawns and then I started developing while attacking his queen.  Then I switched to attacking his king.  At one point he tried to sacrifice his queen for a forced mate but I ignored it and kept reinforcing my attack on his king.  He made an aggressive move grabbing another of my pawns and then I checkmated his king.  Of course I reminded him I’ve now won 3 in a row.  Since I’ve been using ChessMagnetSchool.com I’ve gotten 2 wins and 4 draws in a tournament and won 3 in a row against Dario.  I’m not sure there is a connection but it sounds encouraging.

On my way to Viva CC for dinner I noticed that they had almost completely removed all indication that they had had a party there earlier.
Dinner was a chicken sandwich at Subway and a large strawberry shake from BK.

I had asked Maria Paulina (LAC) what she is studying and I just saw I got a reply – Business Administration.  I’m going to try to include a photo of her but I don’t know if it is going to work.  For you sake, I hope so!  So far all it’s copied is the thumbnail not the full body shots.
Nope, didn't work!  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment