Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:15 and must have fallen asleep again because the next thing I know its 7:30am.

After my workout, shower and shave it was just after 9am as I stopped at Fresco Pan for coffee and a slice of ham & cheese pizza.  Today’s a holiday here in Medellin I just don’t know which; maybe a religious one because there were a lot of people in church this morning.  I asked Gonzalo what holiday today is and he didn’t know but said a lot of people left town to go to their fincas.  It was nice and quiet this morning – no school bus or taxi honking their horn, motorcycles racing up the street or salesman yelling out what wares they are selling.  It was very quiet and peaceful which is probably why I was able to fall back asleep.

I forgot my weekly payment for Jhon so I had to stop back at the apartment real quick to grab some cash.

Tomorrow I have my house cleaning from 9am to 1 or 2 in the afternoon and a dentist appoinment for a cleaning at 3:30 so I told Jhon we won’t be meeting tomorrow.  Originally he wanted to have a 4 hour make up lesson but I told him “no way”.  He said he would make it up somehow.  

After my Spanish lesson, lunch was a whopper and medium Pepsi at BK for 13,600.

When I received the plants from the other expat most of the large ones came with a nice plastic “scooter” they sit on so they can be easily moved.  I needed 2 more and found one at Exito but the sales clerk I spoke to said they don’t have any more.

I took a Circular Sur 303 bus to Home Center and found what I needed but it didn’t have wheels.  I asked the sales clerk but he said they don’t have it.
I took a Circular Sur 302 bus back towards the apartment and as often happens they turn a block before Avenida 80 where they usually ask you to switch buses.  I remembered seeing plants and accessories for sale at the market there so I hit the button and got off.  Right away it was obvious the store was closed (it’s a holiday, remember) but I also could see exactly what I was looking for through the fence.  I turned around, the bus hadn’t left yet and the door was still open so I just hopped back on and I don’t know if the driver even noticed.  Luckily, this market is within walking distance of my apartment so I won’t even have to take a bus.

T-shirt of the day: Chicago

Dinner was chili and mango juice at El Comedor de Chava.

Every week Latin American Cupid sends me an email with a photo of the same lady who they consider is an exact match to my profile on everything except age.  She’s 40 looking for a man 32-45 (maybe her profile has been up for a long time).  She also says “I have been in USA, Mexico, Brasil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador, Australia and New Zeland. For my next trip, I would like to visit Europe with my love.”  She’s very pretty and speaks good English but I know how important age and looks can be.  I sent her an email asking her if she could filter out someone of my age – 68 – so I won’t have to see her pretty face every week.

My sink is leaking again so I emailed Margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment