Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday, March 7th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, woke up twice during the night (12:45 & 4:30), woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

I had breakfast at El Comedor de Chava in LM.  I spent a few hours copying Spanish words from my old little notebook into my new larger notebook.  Harry came about 10am and we confirmed we would meet Saturday night at LM at 6pm and then take a taxi to Parque Lleras.

I had a double Whopper Jr., fries and small Pepsi for lunch at BK in Viva CC for 9,500.

I stopped in Exito and bought a bottle of glass cleaner, package of waffle mix and a package of stick-on wall hooks (7,400).

Coming out I ran into Gloria and showed her the picture of me playing chess at the Chess League.  She liked it.  

I stopped at Jhon’s office and he told me Une had just called and they should be at my apartment in 20-60 minutes.  As soon as they arrive I’ll call Jhon and he’ll come over to help.  They arrived about 1pm and hooked up a new cable to the pole across the street and threaded it a short distance thru the wall to a new router.  I showed Jhon my little paper cutter I brought from the states and he thought that would be a good thing to sell here.
They left about 2:30 and I met Jhon at his office for my Spanish lesson.  We had more review and practice of what had already been covered since I hadn’t had any Wi-Fi in which to read his emails with his notes.  I asked, and he agreed, to change our lesson time starting next week to 10am to noon Monday thru Friday.  That will give me a lot more flexibility in the afternoons.

Afterwards I stopped at the Tinto store and had a cup of coffee.  Beatriz was there and said the laundry would be ready in 10 minutes.  While waiting I saw a small white rabbit with pink eyes hop out from behind the counter; the girls confirmed it’s their pet.  Gonzalo told me to meet him here tomorrow at 10am and he would have my business cards and take me to someone who can make a chess table for me.  35 minutes later Beatriz came out with my laundry and said they aren’t in plastic bags so I needed to head home right away as the sky looked a little threatening and I didn’t want my laundry to get wet.

I had sent an email to Margarita requesting another towel bar for my bathroom and she replied she would send it out right away, no cost to me, and I should have it in a week.

I had a bowl of chili and mango juice at El Comedor de Chava for dinner tonight.

I stopped in Exito on my way back and bought a large container of Woolite because I use it every day and I don’t want to run out.  Juliana was there as I was leaving and I showed her my picture from the Chess League.  She asked to see my pictures from Guatape.  I checked and they are still in my camera so I should be able to do that.

I checked the movies opening in the US today and I might like to see 300:Rise of an Empire (7.8). 

Locally I would like to see Saving Mr. Banks (7.7), 300:Rise of an Empire (7.8) and The Book Thief (7.7).  I guess I missed out on my opportunity to see Nebraska last week when I was wrapped up in my new apartment and Spanish lessons.  

Here are some pictures of my new apartment.
Front door

From front door

Kitchen

Laundry room

Kitchen table

Bathroom: sink

Bathroom: shower & toilet

Hallway to bathroom & bedrooms

Small bed in large bedroom

Large bed in small bedroom

Now I'm finally up-to-date with my blog.
 

1 comment: