Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday, March 28th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 4:30 and took 2 Excedrin Migraine and finally got up at 5:30.

I checked today’s US movie releases and I would like to see Noah (7.4) starring Russell Crowe and maybe Sabotage (6.6).  Locally, The Trials of Cate McCall (6.0) and Her (8.3) starring Joaquin Phoenix sounds interesting. 

This is interesting.  I see on imdb.com that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming soon and it’s already playing here in Medellin.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava while I studied my Spanish notes.  I followed that with an orange juice at Redd’s.

After my Spanish class I went into Viva CC to have Chicken Teriyaki at Sarku’s but the line was so long I decided I wasn’t that hungry.  I took a bus to Los Molinos where I got my usual haircut from Juan Rojas.  I took another bus to Oviedo and got there 10 minutes before the 2:15 showing of The Trials of Cate McCall.  I bought a general admission ticket (still assigned seating) for 9mil, small popcorn for 7mil and large soda for 5,100.  It was a good movie with some surprises at the end.  I noticed that Tarzan is coming soon but I see it’s animated and only rated 4.4 so I think I’ll skip it.  

The movie got out about 4pm and I walked down to MBE where I made next month’s mail box payment of 30,500.  I received the March issue of Chess Life magazine and a letter from Sears reminding me how to access my pension plan benefit information.

Then I walked up to A Foreign Affair (AFA) and talked to the office manager – Lorena.  We logged in using my Id and I noticed I have an email from Yuri with the word CONFIRMATION on it.  After talking to Lorena I have a much better idea of how their Virtual email system and their website works.  Lorena said if I have any more trouble I should call or email Anna in the AFA HQ in Texas.

I had a BLT for dinner at FFSS since I was only 1 block away and then I caught a Circular Sur 303 bus back to the apartment.  I was pleasantly surprised I had a seat in front with nobody sitting next to me.  There were a number of open seats.  As soon as we got to Avenida 80 it was like merging from I-294S onto I-90 East in Chicago only here there were 2 ramps merging into our road.  Then the driver stopped the bus and everyone got off and got on the bus behind it.  I ended up standing just inside the back door.  The trip usually takes 30 minutes with no traffic but tonight it took 1 hour and 20 minutes.  

When I got back to the apartment I found Arley (handyman), Jaime, Marcela and her mother standing outside the building.  Jaime informed me that Arley was there to install the stovetop into the countertop.  After about 15 minutes he finished and there was a lot of dust in the immediate area.  Jaime said he would come back Sunday morning to connect it and clean up the dust.

I was eager to read Yuri’s email but found the following: “CONFIRMATION
Dear Client!   The correspondence that you have recently sent via Express Email has been received by our foreign office.
Our office was not able to immediately contact this woman by telephone.   We have completed a written translation of your correspondence and have sent the translated and original correspondence via the local postal system on the following day.
When our office receives a response to your letter we will contact you promptly.   We would like to thank you for using our service.”
So I guess I didn’t receive a letter from her after all, in fact, she didn’t received my latest.

I finally found this information about Virtual email addresses.
A Virtual E-mail address is an E-mail address that when sent by you will be redirected via our service to the woman's actual E-mail. We do not translate it, we do not read it we simply redirect it to her personal E-mail box. It is the same process as if you were sending it directly to her actual E-mail address.
Due to Federal legislation we are no longer able to give out the actual E-mail address until she has acknowledged that she has seen your marital and criminal history. The virtual E-mail allows for this since it sends the personal information form you completed first, translated in her native language, and once she has acknowledged that she has read it and she is OK with it your E-mail will be delivered to her box. At that point she can E-mail you directly and you can then reply to her directly.

Tonight I was able to purchase the email addresses of the 3 ladies.  Strangely enough it gets charged to a credit card instead of being charged to my account balance.

A few minutes later I had an email from AFA with what I guess are Virtual email addresses that I’m supposed to use.  We’ll see if they work.

T-shirt of the day: “I wanna break free”.  Not sure what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment