Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday, March 22nd, 2014



Last night for dinner I had chili and mango juice at El Comedor de Chava.  After I had finished I was visited by the two boys from last night’s English class.  They said their parents take them there for dinner on Friday nights.  We talked for a little while in English.

I stopped in Exito and bought another bottle of 100 tablets of Centrum Silver 50+ for 47,050.

As I was walking up the street back to my apartment I saw a jeep with a large star with “Sheriff” inside it on each side and the hood.  Interesting!

I received an email from Margarita that her father and step mother are coming in the morning at 8:30am to install the stove top and look into the leak in my bathroom sink.  That changes my plans but they are things that need to be taken care of.

I went to bed at 9:45, woke up at 5am and got up at 6am.  

I had coffee and croissant at Los Mejores and another coffee at the Tinto store.

They arrived right on time at 8:30 and Jaime fixed the leak in the bathroom sink quickly and easily but the stovetop doesn’t quite fit in the opening for the counter.  He hooked it up though and we made plans to meet tomorrow at 1pm for him to finish the installation.  They were both, Marta especially, surprised to see all the large mature plants I have now.

Margarita sent me the name of a woman for me to correspond with on Facebook.  (I do have an account but FB isn’t something I use often.)  When Marta was here she mentioned her again and I told her I didn’t like the fact that in 9 pictures she isn’t smiling in any of them.  I kidded her that maybe she doesn’t have any teeth.  Here she is:
What do you think?

T-shirt of the day: “New Mexico: just like Mexico but newer”.

Lunch was the small Napolitana pizza at Pizza Americana.  No luck again!

I ordered Yuri & Luz Amparo’s Virtual eMail addresses.  After I send my next email AFA will direct it to them along with my profile information.  After they accept my email we no longer have to go through AFA (and their charges), we will be using our actual email addresses.

At 3pm I was about to leave to go see Labor Day at Oviedo CC when I remembered how crowded the movie theater was on Sunday March 9th.  I decided it would be better to see it during the week.

I stopped at Fresco Pan and had an iced tea while I worked on my Spanish verbs.  There was a wedding starting across the street at the church.

I had Gourmet salad (without chicken) and small strawberry milkshake at Frisby in LM for 14,600.  I finished just after 7pm and when I got up to leave Harry called me over to his table across from the store that serves liquor.  He was sitting with the owner and he was going to introduce us when the owner must have told him that we had already met.

The store owner left and while we were sitting there a couple with their young daughter sat down at the table behind me.  Harry made some comment about her pretty feet and when I tried to sneak a peek we found out she speaks English.  She has lived in New York and New Jersey since she was a little girl.  She’s majoring in Business Administration and is finishing up her last year of college at a University here in Medellin.  Her name is Juliana and they live a block west of the church I was just at.  So she’s living 2 blocks from me.

I saw a young woman that works there that I must have seen many times before and tonight I guess I saw her “out of uniform” and she looked pretty nice.  But she’s probably only in her 30s.  :-(

I finally left about 8:30 after Harry got me to agree to meet him at LM tomorrow and we would go to Parque Lleras.  He said he would call me.  Right!  I told him I would probably see him in the morning at breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment