Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, March 17th, 2014



Last night was interesting.  I mentioned in earlier postings I had visited Medellin in June of 2012 with A Foreign Affair.  As part of that package I was given a $100 credit toward their e-mail messaging service.  Last night I wrote a generic introductory letter and sent it to 10 women in Medellin.  They are all 40-51 years of age, have no children, don’t smoke, and either don’t drink or drink socially, and most have a university degree.  Of course they all look attractive to me.  I think it was Latin American Cupid that gave me this idea.  It will be interesting to see how many, if any, responses I get.

I went to bed at 10pm but didn’t fall asleep until after 1am (coffee) finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava while studying some Spanish notes.

After my 10am to noon Spanish lesson with Jhon I had a BBQ burger and small Pepsi at BK.  While sitting there I saw a woman trying to put an adult sized plastic glove on her 5 year old granddaughter before she ate her fried chicken; no way it was going to fit.  They both had a good laugh over it. 

One of the expats in town is moving to El Penol and had plants to give away.  I asked for them and they were delivered by a guy with a pickup truck at 4pm this afternoon for 60mil and I tipped him an extra 10mil.  They left about 4:35 and now I have 11 new plants, some so large I’m going to need help if I need to move them to another location.  There are plates to put under them but they need cleaning in addition to the pots themselves so I’ll be busy doing that for a little while.  There were 2 men and one of them left me his business card that says Juan Carlos Cortes Z Transportador 321 643 19 68 and JuanKCortes123@hotmail.com.

I sent Lucia an email telling her I was disappointed she doesn’t look like the pictures she sent to me (meaning they were old) and her profile said she spoke English but I didn’t hear a word of it.  I told her if she wanted to start off just being friends we would then see what develops.

I stopped at the eye doctor’s office in LM but the receptionist confirmed that they are an optometrist not an opthamologist and they don’t speak English.  But the place is called OptiSalud so maybe they are connected with my medical insurance company?

I decided to buy a plastic expandable case to keep some documents in.  First I stopped at Exito and found exactly what I was looking for.  (While there I showed Juliana the pictures of the day trips my brother and I took to SantaFe and Guatape.)  Then I stopped at the small office supply store on Avenida Ochenta up near San Juan.  They didn’t have what I was looking for but I did see that they have those plastic sleeves you can put letter sized pages in to protect them.  And it looks like you can buy them singly instead of having to buy a package.  I then stopped at the small office supply store west on San Juan and they didn’t have anything either.  Since I was in the area I stopped for a coffee and churro at Paisa Pan.  

I went to LM and had a mango juice while I cooled off some.  About ½ hour later I had my chili and mango juice.

I then stopped in Exito and bought a plastic expandable case for 20,800.

No comments:

Post a Comment