Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday, March 18th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night and woke/got up at 6:30am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava and talked to Lucas a bit about my Spanish lessons.  That’s when I saw the pretty lady with the 2 20 year old sons come in and sit down.  I asked Lucas if he knew her and he said yes.  I asked him if she was married and he said yes, then he said no and then he hurried back to the restaurant to help a customer.  Then he sat down at her table and they chatted a bit.  A few minutes later when I looked up I saw another man, probably in his 40s, also sitting at the table talking to her.  The next time I looked up I only saw Lucas there.  I went over and asked him about her and he confirmed the 2 sons, she isn’t married but the man I saw is her “novio”.  Novio literally means “groom” which doesn’t mean they are married but the relationship is serious enough that they are together exclusively.  I guess I can cross another lady off my list!



I got a text message from Beatriz that she is sick in bed with the flu and my laundry won’t be ready until next Tuesday.  No problem.
 
During my Spanish lesson I questioned Jhon about novio (again) and he said that “novio” does mean “groom” but Lucas probably doesn’t know the English word for boyfriend so he used the Spanish word for groom.  I also asked him about the “pico y placa” (literally peak & plate) I keep seeing on bulletin boards around town and he said it refers to driving restrictions.  On certain days, cars with license plates ending with a specific digit are not allowed on the streets between 8am and 6pm.

Lunch was a Rodeo hamburger, small fries and medium Pepsi at BK.

I didn’t hear from Lucia last night or this morning so I sent an email to Reina and we made plans to meet for lunch tomorrow at 12:45pm and then see Non-Stop (again for me) at SantaFe CC at 2:50.

I took a Circular Sur 303 bus to Home Center where I bought a plastic watering can for 14,900.  I looked around for some leaf cleaner but didn’t see any.

I dropped my purchase at the apartment and upon entering Exito I received a call from Dr. Rendon, my dentist and we made an appointment for next Tuesday at 3:30 for a teeth cleaning.  I know I have my house cleaner coming that day but I forgot I would be having my Spanish lesson immediately following.  I think I’ll be giving Jhon the day off.

I was wandering around Viva mall looking for a possible place to get a new watch band when I ran into Dario.  He led me to the Casio store where a young lady found a very similar band for me for 15mil.

I stopped in Exito pharmacy and bought a small bottle of artificial tears eye drops called Splash Tears for 18mil.  I hope they help my eyes feel better.

I stopped at Fresco Pan just before 6pm and had a cup of coffee and slice of ham & cheese pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment