Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday, March 31st, 2014



I went to bed at 10:30, only had a little difficulty getting to sleep, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:45 and got up at 6:20.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  I left early and made my April medical insurance payment at BanColombia.  Luckily there was no one ahead of me in line.  I stopped across the street for a glass of orange juice but it was closed.  I guess I was too late.

During my Spanish class I passed Jhon’s test on conjugating regular verbs ending in –ar, -er, and –ir.  Of course I still need a lot of practice using them.
Lunch was the Chicken Teriyaki at Sarku’s; there was no line to speak of today.  I checked my emails and I had one from Rubi (AFA) but the caption was CONFIRMATION.

When I got back to my apartment I logged into my AFA account and read the following from the email:
“Dear Client!   The correspondence that you have recently sent via Express Email has been received by our foreign office.
Our office was not able to immediately contact this woman by telephone.   We have completed a written translation of your correspondence and have sent the translated and original correspondence via the local postal system on the following day.
When our office receives a response to your letter we will contact you promptly.   We would like to thank you for using our service.”
I’m not sure if I should be worried about this.  I received the same “confirmation” from Yuri on Friday and now Rubi today.

I left the apartment at 2:20 for the 3:20 showing of Her at Oviedo.  I was there 10 minutes early and bought a general ticket for 11mil plus a small popcorn for 7mil and large soda for 5,100.  When I arrived there was only one other person in the theater but others were still trickling in after the main feature had started.  Besides myself I counted 18 others.  The movie was very interesting with a number of naked and suggestive scenes.  I heard a lot of chuckling behind me and I know there were a number of senior citizens in the audience that took a lot of time getting to their seats.

The bus ride home only took 40 minutes today; much more reasonable.  I stopped in at Viva CC and had a large strawberry shake from BK for 6,600.  I hope that will tide me over until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment