Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday, March 25th, 2014



Last night in Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Admiral.  There are only 3 higher titles I could be promoted to but I’m not sure if that’s feasible for me.  It’s going to take a lot of work.

I went to bed at 9:30 had great difficulty getting to sleep, finally waking up at 6:40am.

I ran into Jhon at Los Mejores where I had my usual breakfast, stopped at Likkes to request lunch be delivered at noon, had an orange juice at Redd’s and was back at the apartment by 8:30.

Olga arrived at 9am and was surprised to see all the plants but didn’t like the fact I had the corn plant in the bedroom; something about it being able to breathe.  As far as I know it breathes what we exhale, carbon dioxide, so it seems like it would like being close to people.  Maybe she means it needs more fresh air.  From what I can see on the internet it likes indirect light better than direct light.  But it is very dry!  I gave it another container of water.

At one point I heard a small crash as Olga dropped the cover to the fan.  But she washed all the parts and put it back together again.  I also had her wash all the pots the plants are in.

I think my luck with the ladies is changing – for the better!

I got an answer from Yuri (42); she tried to give me her cell phone number but AFA blocked it.  They require her first to review my profile, accept my next email using their virtual address system and then they will give me her real email address.  At least I think that’s how it works.

I also got a letter from Luz Amparo (55) with 2 new photos.  They are a little distant but she looks nice.  She recently traveled to Italy, Germany, and the US.  She lives alone in an apartment in the heart of Medellin, is currently working in another city but comes back each month.  She wants to know if I will be in town for Holy Week.  I’m in town every week!  Lol.  At least this time she told me more about herself.

I also have interest now from two local ladies through Latin American Cupid.

Marcela, 48, from Envigado, Masters degree, self employed, 2 children older than 18 that don’t live at home, some English; 5’3”; 148#, pretty face.

Patricia, 54, Medellin, middle school education, occupation unknown, no children, some English, 5’5”, 155#, pretty face, 37-27-36, big boobs.

Olga left at 1:15.

At 2:30 I caught a Circular 302 bus to Dr. Rendon’s office.  I was there 5 minutes early for my 3:30 appointment.  He cleaned my teeth himself and the charge was 130mil.  I had a 20mil balance I owed him from my crowns and I paid him 100mil today so my remaining balance is 50mil.

We decided to proceed every 2 months, starting in May, fixing my teeth that have receding gums for 90mil each.

On my way to the FFSS I found the building with the Opthamologist.  I took the elevator up to the 13th floor.  Would you believe her office number is 1313?  She wasn’t in but I made an appointment for Wednesday, April 9th at 3:30pm.

At Flip Flop Sandwich Shop I tried their BBQ chicken sandwich and like everything else I’ve had there it was really good.  I had it with a Colombiana for 13mil.  That’s when I found out Colombiana just comes in two types regular and diet.

Traffic was awful on the way back so I got off the bus just down the hill from Dario’s building so I would arrive on time.

We spent an hour going through Dario’s Rosetta Stone software – they would make decisions in English and I would try to repeat what was said in Spanish and they would correct me.  Then we took turns and each person asked the next person a question in English and they would have to answer in English.  Of course, for my turn it was in Spanish.

I just finished writing return letters to Yuri and Luz Amparo.

Unfortunately, Marcela and Patricia were not online tonight.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment