Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday, March 13th, 2014



Last night I sent an email to Lucia, who I hadn’t heard from in weeks, asking if she was offended because I asked where Bethlehem was in my last email.  In translating it to Spanish Bethlehem became Belén.  I know where Belen is, it’s the next barrio south of Laureles.  We traded a few emails and made a date to meet tonight at 6pm at Exito Laureles.  I’m a little concerned about her already.  Remember, I met her through Latin American Cupid and our profiles matched very closely.  She titled her initial email Perfect Match and in subsequent emails put “kisses” at the end and then a “heart” and finally started addressing me as “my love” and “baby” so already I’m a little wary.  I hope she hasn’t already sent out the wedding invitations.  Lol.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, finally woke up at 5:50 and got up at 6:15.

After my usual breakfast at Los Mejores I had a glass of orange juice at Redd’s.  At 8am I put my Nook away and at 8:10 the attractive lady walked by, right on schedule.  I caught up with her for the short walk through the park and I said “hello” and then “good morning”.  She said “good morning” but didn’t even look at me and seemed so unfriendly I just continued on my way to the Tinto store.  (Jhon said later that she was probably just scared that a foreigner was talking to her and she doesn’t speak English.)

Ari (Harry) was there and he gave me his latest opinions about Bob: 1. he isn’t with Margarita anymore; 2. he hasn’t seen him in weeks and he may have gone back to the States to sign some documents.

At 8:30 I walked across the street and bought a bottle of correction fluid at Exito for making corrections in my notebook.

In today’s Spanish class first Jhon quizzed me on the alphabet and now I’m getting most of them right but I still need more practice and also need to say the letters faster.  Then he went through each of the consonants followed by each of the 5 vowels to make sure I pronounced them correctly.

Afterwards, we went to Exito and talked to the lady about my Wi-Fi problems.  Someone should be coming out this afternoon to take a look at the situation.  

After thanking Jhon for his help, I went downstairs and had a hot dog, chips and large Pepsi for 11,300.  A young lady stopped by and asked about my brother.  Of course, I told her he’s back in the land of the cold.  I was pretty sure she works in one of the shops on this level but I couldn’t believe she is the young lady that works in El Butón.  This lady seemed older and more sophisticated than the other.  After I finished eating I walked past the stores and I thought I saw her in El Butón but I can’t be sure because she was kneeling in the back.

I stopped at the apartment and picked up my chess set and arrived at Dario’s apartment building at 2pm.  Carlos was there and he was selling arm bands for 8mil.  I bought one with Colombia’s colors and I asked him to make one with US colors.  He asked me if I wanted stars with that and I said “yes, 50 of them”.  Lol.

Dario and I played a game of chess; I had the black pieces and he gained a rook from me in the opening.  Late in the middle game I got one of his rooks and in the endgame while he was concentrating on pushing 2 of his pawns supported by his rook I mated his king with my pawns and a rook.
I got a call from Jhon and Une told him they should be at my apartment sometime after 4pm.

About 4:15 there was a knock on my door and the Une technician was there with the tenant (wife) from 201.  He checked the modem and the line, turned something down (signal too strong?), changed the channel and gave me a new Network name and password.  They all left just after 5pm.  I did have to call Jhon 2 or 3 times for help with translating - at least until I had WiFi again.

I was at Viva CC at 5:45 for out 6pm meeting.  About 5:55 I saw the young lady from El Butón leaving.  She stopped and told me it was time to go to her house.  I asked if she lives near or far and she said far.  I asked if it was north or south and she said north.  At 6:30 I saw the really cute, really short young lady from Frisby leave and she said hi.  At 7pm I gave up and went inside but once again couldn’t get a good Wi-Fi connection.  

I went to LM where I got a good Wi-Fi connection and found an email that Lucia had sent me at 6:05 telling me she couldn’t meet me for dinner at 6pm at Exito Laureles but she could meet me at the San Diego Exito at 8pm.  I told her, “sorry, no”.  I had the salad special at Almibar for 12mil.  BTW, she addressed me as “love” and ended with “baby?”.

No comments:

Post a Comment