Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday, March 23rd, 2014



I went to bed at 10pm with the fan on for the first time in the new apartment but had to get up at 10:30 to close my bedroom door from the sound of the yapping dogs across the street.  I woke up at 3:45 and had great difficulty getting back to sleep.  I finally woke/got up at 7:20.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava at 8:30.  I finished copying Jhon’s list of regular verbs into my notebook noting inconsistencies like English misspellings and duplicates.

T-shirt of the day: “Step aside COFFEE this is a job for ALCOHOL”.

Harry called me at 11am to tell me he was busy exercising but he would talk to his new girlfriend to see if she has a friend for me and call me later.

Around noon, right after they opened, I had the Napolitana pizza again at Pizza Americana but was back at the apartment before 1pm when Jaime and Marta arrived.  Jaime had a power drill with a metal sander like attachment he tried to use, unsuccessfully, to enlarge the marble countertop.  I also pointed out that the connection hose he brought had 2 male ends and he needs a male and female end.  Obviously they have to come back again another day.

I went up on the roof to clip my toenails and Jaime and Marta were up there putting chicken wire around the top of the alcove to keep the birds out.  I asked her what that area is called and she said “comĂșn” which translates to “common” so I guess she is saying this is a common area – not a lot of help for me.

Dinner was the fruit salad special at Almibar in LM for 12mil.

It’s 6:30 at night and it still feels very warm and sticky.  The high today was predicted to be 95 and that’s what weather.com says it is now.  I always take a shower in the morning but lately I’ve been taking another one at night.

I never heard from Harry again after I talked to him earlier.

I finished my Tom Clancy book Red Rabbit and downloaded The Cardinal of the Kremlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment