Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday, March 21st, 2014



Last night I was at Dario’s at 7pm but no one showed up for his chess tournament.  What I thought was going to be a tournament I guess was going to be a class.  He was showing me his Rosetta Stone - English when the attractive woman with the 6 year old son came in with 2 other boys.  We ended up sitting around practicing English.  Each person in turn told something about themselves.  That’s when I learned the woman is 37 years old and the other two boys are 14 and 10.  They want to get together every Tuesday night at 7pm to practice English and I agreed to help.  So it’s English club on Tuesday nights and chess club on Thursday afternoons.  The lady gave me the name, phone#, and address of an Opthamologist in El Poblado who speaks English.  I’ll probably stop by some afternoon next week.

Here’s a little information about the 2 AFA ladies per their profiles:
·       Yuri is 42, 5’7”, 141#, no children, doesn’t drink, college, and is a psychologist.
·       Luz Amparo is 55, 5’3”, 121#, no children, doesn’t drink, university, and is a lawyer.

At least that’s what their profiles show but who knows how old they area.  I’ll provide information about the other ladies later if and when they show interest.  I think the next step is to send each of them a couple pictures of myself to see if they are still interested, J so I sent a reply letter with 2 pictures.

I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 4:45, couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up at 5:45.

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores and took the opportunity to give the ladies the picture my brother took of me and 2 of them last month.  They were very surprised and pleased.  While eating I saw Sergio and Lydia walk across the street, away from me, but they didn’t see me.

I went to LM but found I had brought the wrong notebook and Jhon didn’t send me the list of infinitive verbs as I thought he would.  I had an orange juice at Redd’s and then went back to my apartment for the other notebook and everything I need for our side trip after lunch.

I checked out the new US releases and Rob the Mob (8.0) sounds interesting.  Locally I would like to see Lone Survivor (7.8) and maybe Labor Day (6.8).

After my Spanish lesson I treated Jhon to lunch at Likke’s.  Afterwards he ran over to the corner store for cigarettes while I paid for lunch and made a trip to the restroom.

When he came back he told me Bob was there and that he and Margarita had broken up because she was often in a bad mood.

We took a Circular Sur 302 bus to Calle 30, walked across the street and caught a Metro Bus (route #1) to Aranjuez.  It was standing room only and Jhon and I got separated a little.  He said to me “There’s a beautiful woman standing right next to you.”  I turned and looked at her (she wasn’t my type) and then I said to Jhon “Be careful, she understands English.”  He said “No!” and I said “judging by the way she’s blushing, she does.”  And then I said “and now she’s not the only one who’s blushing.  Later she got off across the street from the University of Antioquia.  We arrived at Parque Aranjuez in about 40 minutes and walked 2 blocks down the hill to Carlos’ house.  

He brought us into the room where he had a beautiful chess table that he said cost 2million pesos ($1000).  His was bigger and more elaborate (drawers on both sides for example) than I needed but after an hour of discussing my requirements we settled on a price of 800 mil ($400) and he would deliver it.

On our way back to the Belen bus stop I pointed out a Circular 302 bus across the street.  We got off there – it turned out to be the Cisneros bus stop across the street from the metro station - and saved time by switching buses.

I stopped at the corner store, texted Beatriz I was there and paid 20mil for my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment