Sunday, January 21, 2024

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once about 1:30am, woke up but didn’t get up at 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

A reader asked about why Teresa would have to remove her acrylic nails for her colonoscopy procedure. I believe it’s for the anesthesiologist because if something goes wrong and she starts turning blue the first sign appears in the extremities, aka the fingernails and toenails.

Teresa made a few phone calls and finally decided to cancel her Monday appointment.

At 8:30 I started the process of ordering a Didi. The car was only 2 minutes away and I arrived at my haircut appointment by 8:50. Daniel recommended a pizza place in the San Jose barrio of Envigado called Trapani. He said it’s braised pizza so I don’t know how that would work. (Later I googled it and came up with an address of Carrera 30 Calle 39B Sur-10 in Envigado.) I got my usual haircut for 45mil and tipped Daniel 5mil.

My next haircut would be Saturday, February 17th. Bro, you’ll be in the Dann Carlton, any reason to believe I wouldn’t be able to keep that? That’s also when I would pick up my monthly medications. I used to do this once a month but it works better for my schedule if its every 4 weeks on a Saturday.

I had a 10-minute wait or so for my next ride to Todo Drogas where I bought more a couple medications than usual for 416,900 pesos ($106).

I walked 3 blocks to a tienda naturista where I purchased a bottle of Omega-3 for 38,600 pesos.

A couple more blocks to a Banca Caja Social where I tried to make a withdrawal but got the “Unable to process” message. I’m beginning to think my (Capital One) Mastercard is accepted differently than my (USAA) Visa card.

I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche for about 90 minutes.

When I entered the apt Teresa asked, “where is the platano maduro?”. She sent me a message 2 minutes before I arrived and I reminded her that for security purposes I don’t look at my cellphone when I’m on the street. Not that I would have heard the call anyway.

Really_not_good blundered on his 32nd move increasing my rating 3 points to 1599. (I didn’t request a new game but we’ll see if he challenges me for one.)

I watched a few more episodes of Quarterback on Netflix.

I texted Mu and the restaurant is open but they’re not doing home deliveries today.

Teresa got off the phone and MT wants to go for gelato at Antionio’s.

We left the apt about 4:30 and met MT just down the block on calle 30. We walked to Antonio’s Gelato and we each had a small cup of gelato. We found out you can get it “mixed” so I had half pistachio and half strawberry, where they put one flavor on one side and the other flavor on the other. 😊 This place is a gold mine.




It probably took us 30 minutes total to pay for our gelato and then get in another line to receive it. (Teresa finally figured out we can split forces, she getting in one line to pay and I getting in the other for the gelato.)

We had moved to a short wall to sit across the street when Teresa decided she’d like to have supper at the new restaurant Bastardo. I heard it’s a little pricey so I asked her first to go check out the menu and then if she still wants to eat there, I would go back to the apt for my debit card. (I had enough cash to cover it but I didn’t want to give up all my small bills, my 20s.) When they didn’t return, I looked in the restaurant and Teresa and MT were sitting at a table and I learned Teresa had already ordered her salmon. Luckily, the waitress spoke English so I asked her to hold off on our order for 5-minute so I could return to our apt for our credit card. I ordered their ribs and returned 15 minutes later with both my debit card and large bills if I needed to pay in cash.

Teresa loved her salmon (she shared it with MT) which means we can come back 😊 and my ribs were pretty good. I also had a Coke and the ladies shared a yellow Hatsu tea. The total check came to 174,596 pesos ($44) so that wasn’t too bad.

We caught a taxi and dropped MT off at her apt and returned to ours for 9,200 pesos.

Just before 10pm we heard some fireworks which must mean that one of the local soccer teams won their game.

It was just a few minutes after 10pm and we were in bed when we heard one of those loud explosions like a transformer blew.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment