Monday, January 29, 2024

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once just before 5am, waking/getting up at 7:15.

Teresa informed me there’s a special mass in Parque Poblado this morning at 9am. She mentioned walking and since it’s 8am now she’d have to leave now. She said she’ll take the bus.

I left at 8:30 and walked to Sao Paolo where I found Glenn with Bianca waiting for me in Olivenza. He had a couple of doctor’s appointment this past week. One was for his eyes and the doctor wants him to return in a year. Well, that’s Colombian health insurance for you.

I bet him that my Capital One Master Card wouldn’t work at the Scotia Bank Copatria ATM but my USAA Visa card would. I went into Carulla and tried both. The Master Card got rejected almost immediately but the Visa card allowed me to get as far as declining the costly conversion before being “rejected temporarily”. I quizzed him about his knowledge about the Cloud. To be continued when my brother arrives.

Today I had a cinnamon roll with a latte then later calentao with scrambled eggs and another latte. Each of our check’s came to 35,500 pesos ($9) and we each left an extra 2mil tip.

I left at 11:15 and made a stop in Ara for tomatoes, onion, and a package of sugar before returning to the apt.

It appears I have the following Cloud space available at no cost:

·     MS OneDrive – 5GB

·     Google Cloud – 15GB

·     ChessBase 16 Cloud – 20MB (supposedly enough for 10,000 games)

Chess.com reported that last year I played 185 games, with 97 wins (52.5%), 24 draws (12.9%), and 64 losses (34.6%).

For lunch I ordered 8 pieces of fried chicken (with 8 arepas ) from Frisby for 66mil. The order arrived quickly from the Villa Grande location (I paid 4mil extra for priority delivery and I tipped the delivery guy 3mil) but it was still only semi warm.

I watched the Chiefs defeat the Ravens 17-10.

I lost a game to Troyclough in 61 moves, lowering my rating to 1597. I need to change up my opening a little.

I watched the Detroit Lions take the lead at halftime 24-7 then the San Francisco 49ers roared back in the second half to win 34-31.

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment